18| Realization Means Devastation

You fumbled with your shirt, eye's furrowed as you thought back to what happened previously. You healed Iida's brother and coughed blood, not normal for other people, but honestly for you it is at this point. So, what's got you so bothered?

Well, it's simple. You feel not completely whole, like something was missing after the action. This happened to remind you of the other time you felt this dreadful feeling. It was when you temporarily lost all of your quirks, except the healing one, but that feeling was much more severe. This one could be comparable to a Walmart knock off of the previous time.

The problem was that something might be missing, as in when you healed Tensei, one of your abilities might've been taken away. For good this time. This made you extremely worried, so you did the most reasonable thing at the time. You broke into your teacher's apartment.

Honestly you probably should've thought this through, but at the time you were so concerned with the what if's that you somehow easily broke his window lock and went inside. Oops.

This is why you're in this current situation, face against his carpet floor with him pinning you down. Usually you'd probably like this, but now was certainly not the time for liking rugged old men, so you spoke up.

"Hey, Mr. Thawa. Whath up."

It sounded odd when you said it out loud due to your face muffled in the carpet. Not that you minded, but you need to get down to some serious business.

He immediately pulled himself off of you, "Jesus Kid, what the hell are you doing in my apartment? How did you even get in here?"

You sweat under his harsh gaze and laughed awkwardly, mumbling your next words.

He raised a brow, "Speak up."

"I broke through the window."

"You did what-"

"But for a really important reason! I need your help please, I am being so for real right now." You cut him off while your face tightened.

A sigh left his mouth, allowing you to change the subject due to your serious expression. He's not letting you off the hook though, why? Because you broke through his fucking window. That's breaking and entering, you're lucky he's exhausted.

"I think I lost one of my quirks."

Well that took his attention.

"What do you mean you think?"

You narrowed your brows and groaned, proceeding to explain what happened a little too quickly.

After you were done he straight up stared at you, which you believed to be in disappointment. Unfortunately for you though, he was staring at you in anger. He was wrong when he said your playfulness might cause your downfall, now he thinks your heart will be.

"You healed him when you didn't even know if it would affect you or not? You know you could've died from how severe his injuries were, but you just did it anyway?" Venom dripped from every word, making you flinch away from him.

If you were a puppy your ears would be all the way down, he grumbled internally.

"I'm sorry, I... I just wanted to help."

"You could've died."

"I'd rather die than live knowing I could've helped someone not suffer their whole life."

Okay, that might've been a little dramatic, but your sentiment still stands and you mean it with all your heart. You've died once already, it's not as scary as people make it out to be and if you were able to actually save somebody, then you would gladly die for that cause.