Chapter 15

The sun was shining through Kiara's window as she she woke up. She checked her clock to see that it was 10:00am. She got up and changed into black sweatpants and a cropped hoodie. She went to the bathroom and washed her face and brushed her teeth.

She went down stairs to see if Ethan was up. As she came down the stairs she saw Ethan sitting at the island with a glass of water. She walked over and smiled at him. "Morning Ethan." He looked up and smiled. "Morning Kiara." He replied.

She grabbed iced coffee can and sat on the other side of the island and sat in front of him. "How'd you sleep?" She asked. He looked at her. "It was good granted everything. How about you?" She signed. "Not good." He gave one nod.

"Are you hungry? I can make something or I can order food." He gave a small smile. "Yeah, sure. What do you have here?" She thought for a second. "Pancakes" he nodded and she got up from her seat and started grabbing all the ingredients and containers from the drawers.

"Do you need any help?" He asked. She turned to him. "No it's okay. I got it. You can turn on the tv and watch whatever you want. It'll just take me a few minutes." He smiled softly and stood up and went over to the couch and turned on the tv as she went back to making the food.

She heard him flipping through channels and it stopped. She looked at the tv to see that The Amazing Spider-Man was playing. "You like marvel?" She asked as he turned his head to look at her. "Yep. Loved it ever since I was little." She smiled at him. "Me too." She said continuing making pancakes.

After a couple minutes she make up two plates with fruit and set it on the island. "It's ready." She said as he got up and jumped over the couch and walked over and sat down. "Thank you." He said taking a bite of the food. "Your welcome."

They sat in comfortable silence as they ate with the background noise of the movie. "Do you have anything to do today?" He looked up and her and shook his head. "Nope. No classes or anything. I don't think I should go out today because of yesterday." He explained as she nodded. "I don't have anything either. If you do need to get school work done I have a laptop you could use."

He nodded. "Oh and also I can get you my dads old clothes if you want to change or take a shower. You can use anything here." He smiled at her and she smiled back.

After they finished she cleaned everything up and put it away and went back to her room to get some work done. After a good hour of working she decided to take a break and went to check on Ethan.

She walked down the stairs to find him watching the second Amazing Spider-Man movie. She walked up to him and sat done at the other end of the couch. They were both silent for a second until Ethan spoke up. "Am I going to be okay?"

She looked at him. "Eventually. It will take time to get back to our normal lives." He gave a light smile and turned back to the tv. She'd hope that things will be okay. She didn't want to live her life in fear and she wanted Ethan to have a good life and get back the time his family had stolen from him.

She wanted a future were they didn't have to live on edge. Not knowing if someone is after you. Not being able to trust people. She wanted her life back the way it was six months ago.

Kiara has hope for the future and for the people in it.

____________________________________

Authors note:
This is the end for now. Sorry
if it's not the best. I never know
How to start and end things.
Anyways. I'm going to write more.
I'm debating between a Chad fic
or a Shadow and Bone fic. Or both.
I'm obsessed with all the books
and the series. Let me know which
one you would like. Much love.
-TPWK