I Said No

TW: Assault, sexual themes, abuse, violence, threatening, etc.

After her victor's tour, which went subpar in her opinion, Elowyn locked herself up in her home. She would not answer her door when people knocked, and she would not leave.

She no longer slept, much. Her one wish never granted. She refused to ask for medications, scared the Capitol would give her nightlock pills or something to rid her completely, and spent most of her days and nights reading, drinking coffee, and staring off into space. She was a shell of who she used to be.

Maybe if she had some support, she wouldn't be the way she turned out now. Her parents had been murdered in front of her own eyes about a month before her reaping. They had been illegally paying a 17-year-old boy to take out tesserae, so their only daughter didn't have to. It was a scandal everyone in the district heard of, and left Elowyn parentless.

She thought it was no coincidence that she was reaped a month later. Whether she knew about the crime or not, Elowyn was still paying for it, just like her parents had.

Elowyn laid awake for another reason tonight. She was anxious for another reason. She had gotten a note from President Snow in the Capitol. She was to be brought to the Capitol and to meet with him that next morning.

The gentle lull of the train would normally rock her to sleep, but she was too scared to fall asleep, so she let her mind takeover.

Soon enough, dawn had reached, and she allowed herself to shower and dress. She plaited her hair into two and took a deep breath as the train screeched to a stop.

She gathered herself and walked off the train, headed towards Snow's office. She knew where it was, she had met with him once before. All victor's get a formal "congratulations" from Snow where he warns that they are not "immortal" or pardoned from laws just because they are victors. 

She had brought nothing with her, Snow had warned her not to.

She reached the front door to his building and was quickly patted down and forced through weapon detectors. Of course, she had nothing on her. 

A man in a soldier's uniform guided her to his office, never letting her out of his scope of view.

He knocked on this office door, the slid it open slightly, "She is here." 

Snow must have replied without the girl hearing, because she was harshly pushed into the room, the door shut and locked behind her.

"Sit," Snow pointed at the fancy chair placed in front of his desk, "I made tea."

She sat down in the chair, and politely took one sip, not wanting to offend the President. She, however, hated tea.

"How is life after the games treating you?" He asked her casually, flipping through papers on his desk. Each one had the face of a man on them, and lots of numbers and notes.

Elowyn lied, "I'm doing well."

"Good, good." He barely acknowledged her, "I have heard you don't get out much, so I have an offer that may help you with that."

"An offer?" She asked.

Snow nodded, "You see," he started, "many people counted you out of the games, and didn't root for you, taking you for dead." He looked the girl in the eyes, "But as more tributes died and you lived, everyone rooted for you. Who doesn't love a good underdog?"

He went quiet, so Elowyn spoke up, "So?"

"So," he told her, "many people desire you, and are willing to pay a lot to spend time with you. Your interviews made you seem so well spoken, and your games, submissive. You're a Capitol's dream."

Elowyn was still missing the point.

"You are to," he took a pause, "Entertain these people, for as long as they pay for."

Her jaw dropped, "You're prostituting me?"

"I'd like to think of it as a continuation of the games." Snow smiled, "A duty of yours, per say."

"And if I say no?" She asked, her voice quivering.

Snow pulled pictures out of his desk and placed them in front of her, Finnick, Mags, her childhood best friend Hadli, and ex-boyfriend Josh, "I kill them first."

She didn't hesitate to answer, "When do I start?"

Snow smiled, a creepy grin appearing on his face, "Now."

Snow had led her down to a party, which took place on a random Wednesday. Oh how she wished to live like this, so careful and clueless. 

He brought her up to a man, must have been in his forties, at least. 

"She's all yours, Barch." President Snow walked off without the girl, leaving her with this perv of a man.

Barch reached forward to stroke Elowyn's face, but she stepped back.

He chuckled, before speaking up, "Where are my manners?" he asked her, handing her a drink, "Let's get to know each other first."

Barch tried to engage in many conversations, but Elowyn stayed mostly silent. Surprisingly, he didn't mind. She was more of a token to him than anything else, show people what he could afford. Elowyn sipped at her drink, Barch forcing her to drink. She didn't drink much, but she was starting to feel woozy. She had a feeling he had put something in it.

Elowyn stood by his side as she started to sway, unable to keep her balance, tripping over her own feet and grabbing onto Barch's arm to prevent her from falling.

"Excuse us," Barch told his friends, "I think someone has had a little too much to drink." 

Barch firmly gripped her arm, hard enough to likely leave a bruise, as he drug her into the elevator, then up to his room. 

He used one hand to open the door, and the other to shove Elowyn on the floor.

He shut the door and started to undo his pants, but Elowyn had other plans. She tried everything she could to leave, but she was laced, and everything was spinning.

Barch twisted her arm behind her back, causing her to scream out, then kicked her in the ribs and onto the floor.

"Didn't Snow tell you Elowyn," He pinned her arms above her head, "The fight is the part I like the most." 

The way he called her name haunted her. No matter how hard she tried, the sound of him saying her name would not leave.

Bile crawled up the back of her throat when she realized there was no getting out of this. She stopped fighting and let it happen, tears falling down her face the entire time. Luckily, Barch was fairly drunk, and after not too long, he fell asleep on the floor, allowing Elowyn to slide out and escape.

Her vision was blurred with tears, stumbling through the room to find her way to the door. She placed her hand on the handle and opened the door, falling onto the floor outside of his room. Despite the need to get as much distance as possible from Barch, Elowyn could not bring herself to move, she was paralyzed with fear. 

She sat curled up in a ball, sobbing her eyes out on the floor of the hall of the seventh floor, until she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Elowyn, right?" The voice asked her. She looked up and even with blurred vision she recognized the girl, however, she could not put a name to her face.

The girl pulled Elowyn to her feet, wrapping her arm around the girl's shoulder. The woman led Elowyn down the hall a bit, before opening her own door and placing the girl on the couch.

She then walked to the kitchen and grabbed Elowyn a glass of water, placing it on the table beside the couch. She pulled the blanket out of the basket and put it on the girl.

"I'm Johanna," She introduced herself, just in case Elowyn did not remember. She had won the hunger games the year prior to her. She watched Elowyn's entire game, and was quite impressed to say the least. She smiled, something she did not often do before she started to walk towards her own room, "Call out if you need anything, Elowyn."

The response was faint, "Ellie."

"Hm?" Johanna hummed, not really hearing her.

"Call me Ellie."