Grand Showdown

Ellie awoke with a groan, she heard their alarm going off in the background, but it had not woken her. Finnick had pulled her into his chest and started kissing her neck and whispering in her ear, telling her it was time to get going. 

She flipped over and slammed her hand into the alarm, causing it to fall to the floor, but continue to go off. Ellie pulled a pillow over her face and yelled into it, annoyed by the alarm and not ready to wake up, yet.

The alarm silenced. She let herself loosen her grip on her pillow but did not move from her bed. The pillow was ripped off her face and the lights had been turned on. She winced at the sudden change from dark to light, and rolled onto her stomach and buried her head in the mattress. 

"Ellie." A voice almost taunted from above her.

She should have known from the lack of bother in his voice that he had something planned, again. 

She squeezed her eyes shut and muffle yelled, "Go away!"

A gasp was forced from her mouth when her body was shocked by a bucket of ice water. She sat up on the bed, her skin feeling pins and needles from the cold. 

Finnick was on the floor laughing, his face red and eyes watering. 

An anger was sparked in her and Ellie jumped off the bed onto Finnick. She wrapped her arms around him and tried to get on top of him. She smacked him in anger, but not hard enough to actually hurt. 

Once he stopped laughing and recognized this attack, he flipped Ellie onto her back on the floor and held down her arms.

He leaned over her, smug with himself, "You going to get ready now?"

She took a vow of silence.

Finnick shook his head in warning, "Ellie."

She ignored him, once more.

Finnick released her arms, making Ellie think she had won. But within a few seconds, his hands were on top of her stomach causing her to squirm around. 

Ellie laughed involuntarily, she had always been very ticklish. 

Her giggles echoed around their room, probably able to be heard in the halls. She tried to move away, but was unable to in her state.

"What about now?" Finnick joked with her, leaning down and kissing her cheek while she still was hysterical.

Ellie cried out, "I'll get ready!" Her eyes watered from laughing so hard, "Just stop!"

Just as suddenly as it had started, her attack had ended. She inhaled a large breath of air, one she had been unable to take before. She wiped the water from under her eyes and sat up, her face red and filled with a smile. 

Finnick grinned at her, "The showers already running."

Now that she was told that, she could hear the white noise from the shower running. It had been this whole time, meaning it had been turned on before he splashed her with ice water. Doesn't make up for it, but was a nice thought.

Ellie glared at her fiancé, a need for revenge in her eyes, "You better sleep with one eye open, Fishboy." 

She stood herself up and turned away from him before she could see his reaction. She noticed she was dripping water all over the floor and yelled at Finnick to clean it up. After all, it was his fault.

As bad as it sounds, Ellie hated showers. Not because she hated getting clean, but because she was forced to look at herself. She often showered in the dark, but the switch to the bathroom was outside the door and she did not want Finnick to ask.