Peace

Ellie walked into the greenhouse, her heart pulsing through her whole body. It had taken her days to convince Finnick to let her go visit Snow, none the less by herself. Finnick was too scared it would make Ellie worse again, or Snow would hurt her. But Ellie knew she needed this. She needed this to find peace with herself.

The greenhouse was rather beautiful, ironic for Snow's prison of sorts. He was nothing but an ugly, horrid, violent man, yet he was always surrounded by such beauty. She wondered if it was a cover up, a way to get people to surpass his vile personality and actions. 

A flower to her right caught her eye. It was pink and in clusters, on a delicate thin and brown branch, which seemed to reach towards her. She ran her fingers over it, gently.

"An Iris flower," She jumped at the suddenness of the sound, "It's good to see you again, Miss Elowyn."

Ellie looked at Snow and was almost shocked by his appearance. The man who usually hid his emotions well and covered his mess in makeup looked rough. His face was droopy, with large bags under his eyes. Blood was splotched on his shirt from his coughing fits.

Finnick had told Ellie everything about Snow he had learned. While Ellie was normally paid in money, Finnick preferred secrets. He knew just about everything about everyone, even Ellie, which she never found out about. 

She faked a smile, but made sure he could tell, "I wish I could say the same, Coriolanus."

Snow chuckled, his face showed discomfort and disbelief, "I think you forget where you'd be without me." 

Ellie thought out her next words carefully. She did not want to bicker with the man, that is not what she came here to do. But then again, she was not exactly sure why she came at all.

"I do thank you," She started, "for without you, there would have been no rebellion."

Snow shook his head, "Without Katniss, perhaps."

Ellie scoffed back. She looked Snow in the eyes and replied, "Without corruption, there would be no need for change. I thank you for being such an unlikeable man, for you have made this so much simpler."

Snow picked a rose from a vine. he held it out, the thorn pricking one of his fingers, causing a small drip of blood to fall down his hand.

"A rose, without his thorns is a dead man." Snow tried to be philosophical, "Everything beautiful has a bit of evil. You, of all people, should know that."

Ellie knew he was trying to rile her up, make her angry in any way he could. That was how Snow manipulated people. He did everything he could to get into their heads.

"I am nothing like you, Snow." She spoke bitter, yet calmly, "I get to live the rest of my life with people who love me, while you," She laughed, "you'll be dead in a day."

"Ah," Snow raised his finger, "But I shall live on, because your games will never truly be over." He shook his head, "Government without structure shall fail, and you will wish for your old life back."

Ellie started to pull petals off the flowers and arrange them on the floor. She did this while still looking Snow in the eyes, to make it seem like a nervous habit, but it was much more than that.

"I know a lot about you, Snow." Ellie informed him, "And you can't be more wrong."

Snow smiled at her, "You know nothing."

"I know the reason you bleed from your mouth is because you drank a poison with no antidote." She told him, causing his eyes to open wide, "So your enemies would not be suspicious of their drinks. You surround yourself with beauty to cover the fact that you are the most atrocious being to ever walk this planet. You banished your cousin because she was against murdering little children, if that doesn't speak for itself, I don't know what does."