Epilogue

Ellie sat on the beach on a warm summer evening. She had been swimming all afternoon and was taking these few moments to herself.

She found joy in nothing more than watching her husband play with their daughter in the ocean. She watched as he swung her into the air, then gently crashed her back down into the water. Her laughs could be heard from the shore.

Her birth had been nothing short of difficult, but it was worth every moment. Ellie refused to go to a hospital for birth, after all her experience in hospital beds. Instead, they had gotten Prim to come deliver the baby.

Ellie was in labor for a total of twenty-six hours. Yep, twenty-six. 

Even though Finnick reassures her she was not mean during that time, she knew he was lying to make her feel better. She remembered screaming at everyone who was in the room at the time.

Johanna thought it was hilarious.

Finally, after two hours of pushing, their child was born.

"It's a girl!" Prim announced, holding the baby up for everyone to see. The baby let out a loud cry, signaling she was healthy and had a good set of lungs. Prim then laid the baby on Ellie's chest.

"Hey, baby." Ellie whispered, "Your name is Alora. And I'm your mommy."

Finnick was sitting right next to Ellie, tears falling down his face. He had a daughter.

Ellie shushed Alora, placing her hands around her to comfort her, which caused her crying to cease, instantly.

"She's perfect." Finnick's voice cracked, and he kissed his wife's forehead. 

Ellie looked at her baby, "She looks just like you."

Finnick smiled and leaned his head against Ellie's, the family of three taking in every moment they could together. 

"Who would have thought the Capitol's charmer would be such a baby?" Johanna laughed at the crying grown man, talking to Prim.

"If anyone deserves this," Prim answered back, "It's them."

From the start, everything Alora did was perfect. She smiled and the couple went crazy with cheers and smiles. They documented every little thing she did. 

She rolled over. They got it on camera.

She laughed. They took tons of pictures.

She tried strawberry baby food for the first time. They now always keep strawberries in the house.

They were both very overprotective of their daughter, but not in a bad way. They just wanted her life to be as perfect as it could possibly be, with as little bumps in the road as possible. 

Johanna was shockingly protective over the girl, too. She took her role as godmother very seriously. She spoiled Alora rotten.

Alora was now almost two years old. She still had lots of baby fat on her and looked just like her father. She was the most beautiful girl Ellie had ever seen. She could walk fairly well, but waddled her way around anywhere she went, making Ellie and Finnick's hearts melt. 

"Mama!" Alora laughed, reaching her arms out as she and Finnick made their way out of the sea. 

Ellie smiled and stood up, opening a towel in her arms for Alora to be placed in. 

The sounds of her daughter giggling were muffled by the towel. Ellie wrapped it around her toddler and dried her off. The girl squirmed in her arms, so she placed her on the ground and let her toddle around. 

Ellie grabbed another towel off the ground and wrapped it around her husband, kissing him on the cheek. 

The two followed their daughter back to their house, until she got tired, of course, and made Finnick carry her the rest of the way back. 

Once they were in the house and the door was shut, Finnick put Alora down, letting her run around and play with her toys.

"Do you ever want another one?" Ellie asked, nervously.

"Of course," Finnick furrowed his eyebrows, "I just thought after her labor, you wouldn't want--"

He was cut off by Ellie looking him in the eyes and blurting out, "I'm pregnant."

Finnick's face lit up like it was Christmas. He grabbed his wife and spun her around, laughing the whole time, "I'm going to be a dad, again!"

He ran and picked Alora off the ground, spinning her in a circle, too, "You're going to be a big sister, Alora!"

"Sissy," Alora repeated, "Sissy."

Finnick kissed her on the cheek and put her back down, running to his wife and kissing her on the lips. He pulled her into a hug and rocked her back and forth.

"We're going to have another baby." Ellie laughed.

Finnick pulled away, "I'm really feeling Finnick jr. this time for the name, but if--"

Ellie pushed his shoulder in a joking manner, "If it's a boy." She folded, agreeing to naming her child after him. She knew how much he wanted it.

"If it's a boy." He agreed, his smile becoming larger if it was even possible.

Something tugged at the shorts Ellie was wearing, "Mama?" The voice asked.

"Yes, baby?" Ellie looked down at her daughter, waiting for her question.

Alora pointed at her favorite game, "Play?"

"Of course, baby." Ellie agreed, letting her daughter lead her to the carpet where they would sit and play the game together.

"I'll start dinner." Finnick told his girls, "You play nice with mommy, Alora." He gave her a knowing grin, "Don't beat her too bad."

"Yes, dadda." Alora giggled. Alora won almost every single time. Ellie had no clue how and despised the game for it. Her daughter pulled out the game and handed it to her mom to set up. "Play."

Ellie hated this game. It was the same plot every time and was quite frankly boring, but it made her daughter happy, so she always agreed. Because Ellie knew better than anyone, there will always be far worse games to play.