Death by Fate

Ellie woke to the sound of people yelling and moving around her. She sat up and saw everyone was packed and ready to leave. Dragging herself out of bed, she made her way towards her boyfriend, who was holding their stuff.

"Sleep well?" He asked her.

She nodded, "What's going on?"

"Nothing really," Finnick shrugged, "They're arguing over nothing again. We're filming more propos today."

Ellie didn't respond. She watched as Katniss and Jackson obviously disagreed over something. Peeta was up and talking to Boggs. Gale was staring daggers at Peeta, which Ellie was sure was not helping the boy recover. Cressida, Castor, and Pollux were all shining and setting up cameras, getting ready film. Ellie hoped they weren't filming now, because they sure did not look very dangerous or put together.

"Everyone shut up!" Boggs yelled, taking Ellie by surprise.

Finnick grabbed her hand and led her towards the group. She assumed that they were about to leave.

Boggs sighed, "Everyone smile and look pretty for the camera, okay? No more fighting." He turned to Katniss, but was still talking to the whole group, "Stay behind me."

Boggs led the group out of the building, taking them to an area that confused Ellie. It seemed so inconvenient. The way there was a long road that just led to a square road ahead of them. Buildings surrounded the square, and there wasn't much else to go.

Finnick and Ellie followed the group at the rear, making sure everyone in front of them was on track and safe.

"Up here!" Jackson called, "The courtyard is a good spot for filming."

Ellie and Finnick jogged to catch up with the group. Boggs kept his holo out in front, the dull beeping of the machine passing Ellie's mind. She almost did not notice when the beeping sped up and everyone stopped, running straight into Finnick.

"Sorry." She mumbled.

He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and kept her next to him, to be sure to keep her safe from whatever this pod could be. 

The pod was in the middle of two buildings, which made Ellie think threats were going to come from either side. She, Finnick, Peeta, Cressida, and Boggs made their way to the right wall, while everyone else took the right. 

"Stay back." Boggs warned, causing Finnick to push Ellie further behind him. 

Boggs threw a rock into the corridor, causing a massive noise to go off. Ellie recognized them as gunshots. She covered her ears and tried to ignore it, but the loud noises reminded her of the end of her games, and the trauma in the Capitol she endured. She looked to see Peeta struggling the same way.

After a few minutes, the gunshots ceased, but Ellie still covered her ears. Everyone stood up, except for Ellie and Peeta. 

"Come on," Finnick lifted Ellie off the ground, "It's okay. It's over."

Ellie removed her hands from her ears, the only reminder of the previous sounds being the ringing in her ears. When Peeta saw her get up, he stood up, but did not move from the wall.

Boggs continued down the hall, yelling "Clear!" so everyone could follow.

Ellie and Finnick started to follow Katniss, who had followed Jackson and Boggs. Ellie's heartrate had just returned to normal when she heard a loud boom. 

Boggs had stepped on a plate which had set off a bomb. Ellie watched as his legs flew off his body and he hit the ground, the holo dropping a few feet from him. Blood pooled where his legs should be, and he screamed out in pain.