Baby Bombs?

The house the group have found asylum in was a woman named Tigris. From first glance, Ellie was a little skeptical. She looked like a hard-core Capitol woman, her face turned into a tiger and her body shaped perfectly through plastic surgery.

What made it even worse was that she was Snow's cousin. Upon hearing that, Ellie almost lost it. After constant reassurances from Katniss and Finnick, she was no longer fearful, but more mildly not at ease. 

She had grown to like Tigris in their stay, however. The woman was obviously banished from the main Capitol, and Snow did not like her. Tigris gave Ellie completely new and comfortable clothes, and more importantly, shoes that fit. She let the girl use her first aid kits and the entire group used her facilities. 

A group from District 13 had come by and picked up Peeta, as well as Finnick, and supposedly Ellie. 

There had been two cars, and Ellie told Finnick she would get on the second one, because she needed to run to the restroom and thank Tigris. She knew she would not be able to leave Katniss to deal with all of this by herself. She just hoped Finnick would not be too mad when he found out. She was grateful he was going to be safe. 

Typically, he would have never left without physically seeing her get in the other car, especially after the stunt she pulled in the sewers, but Peeta was really struggling in the Capitol. After Ellie saved him, he lost it in a sense. He thought she had died, and it was his fault. Even though they promised him they were alright, he just wasn't accepting it.

There was only room for two extra people in each car, so Ellie pushed for Finnick to keep Peeta company. She argued that Peeta would only panic more if she was in the car with him, and she did not want him to be alone. Finnick reluctantly agreed and went with Peeta.

After this last step, the rebellion will be over, and Ellie and Finnick can do whatever the hell they want with their lives. She knew Finnick would get over it, eventually. 

Ellie walked over to Katniss, who was standing in the frame of the door, watching the second car leave. She turned to Ellie, confused, "You're not going back?"

"Can't leave all the fame to you, Everdeen." Ellie winked, jokingly.

"But Finnick-" Katniss started but was interrupted.

Ellie cleared her throat, "Does not need to know. For now, at least."

Katniss smiled, about to say something else, but they were interrupted by Tigris. She called the girls inside, saying there was news they would want to see.

On the TV screen, there was President Snow. He was speaking to citizens of the Capitol, telling them they could come take refuge in the Capitol building, and they would be spared of death. It seemed rather cynical, but Ellie did not mind. This was good for them.

"Perfect." Ellie grinned, getting a confused look from Katniss, "Their way in is our way in. Don't you get it?"

Katniss' face lit up with realization, "You always have been the brains of this operation, haven't you, Ellie?"

The remaining group had now dissolved. Ellie had no clue where Gale, Cressida, and Pollux had gone, but she hoped they were safe. Tigris had told them they were in on the plan, but just were going to come in at a different angle, whatever that meant.

Ellie and Katniss walked into the back bedroom, where on the bed were two discreet outfits. They both looked very Capitol-like. Ellie immediately hated them.

"Ellie, yours is on the left." Tigris told them, "Katniss, yours is on the right." Tigris then walked to the door and started to shut it, "I'll let you two get dressed."