Chapter 9

Hellooooo! No note, this is chapter 9 so I hope you like it! Love you guys! JESUS SAVES SO OBEY HIM!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had to act quickly now, with the siren screeching throughout the entire camp and Night Riders rushing everywhere inside. I know I'm acting crazy by not getting out of there, but Lucas is still inside and I had gotten this far I couldn't possibly leave now.

I dove into the shadows and disappeared just as mercenaries ran up to where I had been standing.

"Who sounded the siren?" one asked, turning to his comrades.

"The boss, you idiot! You want to get angry at him, you might as well commit suicide!" another whisper yelled at him.

"That's right!" boomed a voice from my right and I turned to look and see who it was.

A man, about 30, was standing with his hands interlocked behind his back. He stood tall with his off white heavy armor that had a navy blue horse below the sholder on the front and red cape. He had dirty blonde hair and dark green eyes and seemed really proud with himself and who he was. The way he looked struck me as odd. He looked more like a soldier than a mercenary.

I read his mind with my telepathy. I had to find out where Lucas was quickly. 'Got it! Second floor, last door on the right!' I thought victoriously. Now the problem was getting out of this, after all the mind behind this while thing is kindof standing only ten feet away.

"Have you found an intruder yet?" the boss asked his cronies.

"Not yet, Griffth sir." one answered.

"Well hurry up! Our employer is waiting."

Wait, their employer is here? Well, now I can find out who hired them at the same time so that's great! Again, problem is I'm still standing a few feet away from their boss.

Griffith looked right at me and my heart skipped a beat. 'Can he see me?' I asked myself as he began to walk towards me.

When he reached me, he grabbed my throat and slammed me against the wall. "Wha-," I tried to ask but he squeezed my throat harder.

"Oh, you mean how I could see you?" he smiled wickedly and continued,"How else than the fact that its one of my gifts." He let go of me and I dropped to the floor, holding my throat and coughing. 'One of his gifts but that means..', "You're like me." I finished my statement out loud.

"Yeah, and it was nice meeting you and all, but I have a job to fulfill you see?" The last thig I saw was him about to knock me out and then it was all black.