⌗ 𝐓WENTY-ONE

𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘱𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

DARRIAN WATCHED DIFFERENT family members rush in through the hospital door, all of them with tears in their eyes

door, all of them with tears in their eyes. his eyes landed on celeste's father, marc. he had his hands in his dreads with his head put down on his knees.

marc felt like it was his all fault. actually he knew it was all his fault. maybe he should've been less lenient and not let her wander around late at night especially by herself. marc wouldn't be able to live with himself if celeste had died.

on the other hand darrian felt like he couldn't breathe unless the doctor came in to inform what happened to his girl. he felt guilty, if he had thought of the consequences what could've happened to celeste maybe this all wouldn't be happening.

he didn't even get to tell her "i love you," yet. this is what he meant when he always ruin the good things he has. this.

suddenly a dark skinned woman came out of the blue curtains that covered the room celeste was in. everybody's slumped bodies immediately began sitting up, waiting for what she had to say.

the woman looked at her clipboard and sent them a sorrowful look, not looking in them their eyes because she just didn't have the strength to deliver the news.

she opened her mouth to say something but was stopped when she heard something in her ear piece. she cleared her throat, "unfortunately due to the amount of blood loss close to her chest celeste has slipped into a coma. we don't know when she's gonna wake up but you're free to see her." she lifted the blue curtains, sending them a downturned smile.

before-wards she was gonna say celeste had passed away but was informed shortly after that her heart started beating just a little. and a little can go a long way.

darrian let out a big breath of shock, relief and joy. anything was better than celeste dying so her being in a coma for who knows how long was way better. darrian was gonna get up to enter the room but was stopped when he felt amiri moving on his lap.