⌗ 𝐓WENTY-THREE

𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘱𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

CELESTE DRANK THE glass of water that the nurse had brought in for her

CELESTE DRANK THE glass of water that the nurse had brought in for her. she was currently waiting for the other doctor to tell her when she was able to go home. celeste touched the wrapped bandage that was pulled around her chest, she winced when she felt a burning sensation.

the first bullet that went through her body was shot directly through her bottom chest with the other bullet inches apart from her heart. the doctors had informed her that she was going to be discharged today after the surgery that would have taken place.

it was two weeks after she had woken up and she wanted to go home already. you would think that someone who just got out of an coma would want to rest but celeste just wanted everything to go back to normal, which she didn't know if would ever be possible but she hoped that it would.

darrian was at school right now so she hasn't seen him all day, but he had promised he would be their when she got discharged.

the doctor walked in the room with a clipboard in her hands, "ms dawn. it seems like your surgery went better than we had expected so we will be calling your father to pick you up mk?" she smiled at celeste who just nodded, sending back the same smile.

celeste took her phone from her side and texted darrian that she was going to be released soon before calling her cousin. isis picked up the call quickly, "hi stinks." celeste saw isis walking meaning she was on her way to the hospital.

"hey, you coming too right?" she asked as isis nodded in conformation. the two continued talking until isis said that she was in the hospital which made celeste get ready to leave. celeste was already changed into a pair of sweatpants and hoodie so all she had to do was take all her belongings.

when celeste had gotten home she had ended up taking a nap, sure she was literally asleep for almost three months but she had always been a deep sleeper. the doctor had also told her that she would be having trouble sleeping and a bunch of nightmares.