Chapter Twelve: I Can Read Lips Like A Boss

"KATHRYN" Kathryn stopped in her footsteps. Ally and Trish looked at her. "We need to talk."

"I don't want to talk about it-" Atleast not now. Kathryn was just about to sneak into the practice room, but the whole group was their in the lobby, discussing. She wanted to slip undetected and just grab her bag from the practice room and simply leave without any questions.

She felt everyone's eyes on her, especially Austin. Kathryn tried to avoid his gaze and gave pleading eyes to Ally.

Please. She silently pleaded. Not now. Just not right now.

Ally seemed to understand.

"Kathryn. Girl meeting. In the corner. Now." Ally said. "What is the girl meeting even for-"

"I SAID CORNER NOW." She repeated, with much more force like she was a mother. Ally gave her cousin her evil eye, making her horrified enough to follow her orders. Trish and Ally had dragged her along. Lance sat beside Austin as they both watched the three girls talk in the corner next to the set of guitars hanged on the wall.

Austin noticed how she was avoiding his gaze. He's realized that he's just made matters worse, and now they were awkward.

Maybe I shouldn't have done that. He thought.

"What do you think they're talking about?" Austin asked Lance as he watched Kathryn do hand gestures with curiousity.

"I can read lips like a boss. I got this." Lance said. He cracked his knuckles and squinted his eyes as he put two fingers on both his temples. He concentrated on the three girls.

"You and Austin kissed?!" Ally asked Kath.

"Ally said, 'New end dust bin hiss.'." Lance translated completely wrong.

Kathryn glared at Ally. "Basically this is all your fault," she said.

"Kath said, "Pork belly bim caw jaw dolt.'" Lance translated once again. Austin raised an eyebrow.

Ally smiled. "A simple thank you will suffice, babe."

"No, not thank you." Kathryn sarcastically said. "Now everything's weird and awkward and I don't want to talk about it."

"Kath said, 'Row blue wing deer green dye won tall boo hit.'" said Lance.

Trish smiled. "It's awkward because you both fancy each other-"

"NO WE DO NOT" Kathryn yelled, which Lance and Austin clearly heard. The three girls looked at them, for a split second Kathryn and Austin's gazes met, but she immediately looked away.

"See." Kathryn whisper shouted at them. "I can't even look him in the eye anymore. This is what I was talking about."

"Which proves one of you has a thing for the other," Ally smiled.