Chapter Twenty Five: Trust

-KATHRYN-

"A stroll to my house while almost being attacked by wild badgers and running away from bunny rabbits." I said, swinging our interlaced hands back and forth. "How romantic."

Austin laughed at my sarcasm. We just ran about twenty blocks from untamed creatures in the hopes of not being dead because the horrible reality of Austin's lack of ability to drive a vehicle came up again.

Is he great or what?

"Well. We're here," Austin said, looking up at my door. Saying that our house looked like a mall would be some sort of crappy understatement. Our house had about four floors, and each floor was as wide as half the Central Park in New York.

I leaned on the door frame, smiling at him. "So I'll call you later, okay?"

I nodded at him, making him chuckle. Smiling, he wrapped an arm around my waist, and I rested my forehead on his. "I'll miss you," I pouted, making him laugh.

"You'll see me in a few hours." Austin said. I laughed, burying my face in the crook of his neck. "Jesus we sound like a married couple,"

"Eh. We'll get there," he shrugged, making me muffle a laugh. He put a finger under my chin, tilting my head up a little. Then he gave me a small smile, kissing my forehead and bending down a little to-

"Mikaela," the door behind me flew open, and thank god a steel doorknob didn't sink into my spine this time.

"I thought you wanted to talk to me?" Lance sarcastically smiled through his gritted teeth. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Fine," I groaned, pushing him inside the house. "Inside. Go. Now. Like, right now."

I walked inside the house, pushing Lance along. I walked with him for a little while until I saw him disappear into the living room. I ran out the door, ran after Austin and jumped on him, kissing him. He didn't respond at first because he was probably shocked and I scared the living crap out of him, then he kissed back.

I saw a slight expression of shock on his face when I pulled away from him. "Kath I-"

"Shut up, blondie." I smiled at him, untangling my arms from his neck. "Call me tonight, yeah?"

I didn't wait for his answer. Instead I walked back into the house, leaving him dumbfounded just outside the door. I walked into the living room, where I saw Lance and Nicole on the coach, talking to eachother in a low voice. I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow.

"Well? Don't just sit there," I said, catching their attention. "Talk."

"Kathryn I swear I didn't mean to do it. I was tired and I swear I-"

"Whoa whoa whoa," Lance said, putting his hands up. "You didn't mean to do it? You were tired?"

Nicole gave Lance the 'duh. Idiot.' look which suited him well in my opinion if you ask me. "Well duh. Try busting your ass on a plane seat for twelve hours and let's see if your butt doesn't go sore."

Lance shrugged. "Well it didn't seem sore to me when I-"

"Don't even fucking go there," I cut Lance off exasperatedly. "Lance, honestly. No. Jesus, just no."

"Kathryn I know you're a bit upset and-"

"A bit upset? A bit?" I said, raising my voice a little. "Nicole you're my bestfriend and you just voluntarily had some sort of sexual interaction with this.... this thing-" I said, pointing at Lance who tried to look offended. "-and you two haven't even been in the same piece of land or a so-called continent for atleast two hours! Have you even thought of the consequences? What if he gets you pregnant then? Did you guys even bother using protection-"