Chapter Fifty Three: [Untitled]

"Mind telling me what that was about?" Brad asked, elbowing her as he bent down to rub his leg. He was annoyed and confused, which tended to happen a lot when he was around Kathryn. She only made a face, walking along. "I don't think you want to hear about it," she said.

"As if that ever stops me?" He asked, and she looked at him to find him looking back at her like, 'You idiot.' She only rolled her eyes, then looked to Ally, Trish, Dez and Nicole who were walking ahead of her, laughing and taking. Brad seemed to follow her gaze, then he pressed his lips into a thin line. "They don't know, do they?"

"Know about what?" she tried to force a smile, and failed.

Brad shot her a look. "The being secretly famous thing?"

"Oh that," said Kathryn, trying to sound stupid which she actually succeeded at, since Brad shot her another look.

'You are not very bright." said Brad, putting his hands into his pockets. They were walking to Sonic Boom, since Nicole and Kathryn actually decided to get Austin and Lance out of the practice room. Kathryn only slapped Brad in the chest. "You offended me."

Brad pouted at her. "Aw," he said. "Will a kissy-wissy make the boo-boo go away?"

"No." she said. "Your kissy-wissy will most definitely not make my boo-boo go away." then she pulled a face at him. "So go away."

Brad laughed at her, making her roll her eyes. "The first time you get to see me in half a year, and this is how you greet me." Then he put a hand to his chest, looking down to Kathryn. He was always taller than her, and she always had to look up at him to actually see him, which annoyed and made her smile anyways. "You flatter me, Kathryn Mikaela Rodriguez."

"It's more like a talent," Kathryn nodded, and they both laughed.Suddenly Brad stopped laughing and turned serious, whcih caught her attention. "But seriously, Kath?" he said, raising an eyebrow at her. Then he nodded his head over to Ally, Trish, Dez and Nicole who were still laughing while walking. "They don't know about this?"

"No," she answered shortly, putting her hands in her pockets. He gave her an unsteady look. "And why not?"

"Because," Kathryn started to say. "You know that feeling you get when you had a long day of wearing socks and come home tired and you take off the socks and just WOW"

Surprisingly, Brad was nodding. "Yeah?"

"That's how I feel when I take a break and come to a place where people don't acutally know me."

Brad put his hands up, motioning her to stop which she did. "Hold up," he said. "So basically," he started to say. "You're the foot in this situation. And the boat load of fame and fortune you practically take a bath with is the sock. And the tradition of taking a sock off your feet after a very long day is a metaphorical representation of you taking a break from being a celebrity after more than five years?"

"Pretty much." Kathryn nodded. "And you know that thing you do when you take the sock off and you just kind of scratch the foot and you'll feel like you're high or something?"

"Yeah?" Brad asked. "Wait," he said. "The scratching on the foot- it's Ally and Dez and Trish and Nicole and Lance and Austin, isn't it?"

Kathryn almost smiled at Brad. "How'd you know?" She was surprised at how Brad actually understood her that quick, as if he was practically reading her mind. Also, she was amazed at the fact that he had already memorized their names, they were pretty much a lot, which took a lot of getting used to.

"I know you," he said, ruffling her light brown hair while smiling. She only pushed the hand away, pouting. "I know you, every part of you, every side to you, every mood you just slip into, what kind of food you hate, what obsessions you have, what pet peeves you hate," Brad started to enumerate, and a smile crept up her lips. "I even know what perfume you wear on every single day, no matter how many times you change it. And I don't know if that's impressive or terrifying."