3∆

Hades was neglecting his duties.

For the past days he just sat on his throne, sipped tea and sulked away in his own dark thoughts.

His attendants (mostly in form of skeletons he'd given weird names to) tried to keep things running in netherworld, but they could do just so much.

Cerberus, the hellhound, hadn't been fed for a while as she didn't accept food from anyone except Minho, who had bottle-fed her back when she was a puppy. The hellhound got into a foul mood whenever she was too hungry.

To this hour, she had snapped at thirteen innocent souls - and a hundred seventy two of the not-so-innocent ones.

The council, which decided wether a soul was ordinary, special or deserved punishment, was helplessly overworked.

Chaos threatened to unfold on the Asphodel meadows.

Souls who were destined to Elysium somehow ended up in Asphodel and complained fullthroatededly about it.

Some of the really bad souls who were supposed to get a personal designed punishment waited days for it. In that time they weren't under actual supervision so they just wandered off and were never to be seen again.

'Sir Hades'

One of the skeleton attendants addressed their king. They were really nervous, because as the hellhound, Minho, too, was in a foul mood.

They were (reasonably) afraid to be turned into a heap of bone ashes.

Minho sniffled. He remembered that he had called the skeleton Changbin.

'What?'

'There is a mass brawl about to happen on the Asphodel meadows. Cerberus starts to get more aggressive towards the innocent souls as well. And we've lost twenty three of the bad cases so far and can't find them anywhere.'

Minho looked out of the huge window next to his throne.

From up here, the Asphodel meadows looked quite peaceful to him.

'Bring me another tea. My first one's empty'

Changbin the skeleton sighed. They had tried to get through to their master already for several days.

'What flavour, my Lord?'

'Vanilla'

They nodded curtly before strolling of.

'Wait. Changbin?'

The skeleton turned around.

'Do you know where Jeongin is?'

'I haven't seen the Lord of Death for a while, sir. Last I've heard is he's up to something'

'Up to what?'

'No idea, sir'

'Mhm'

Minho stared thoughtfully at the skeleton.

Changbin just wanted to escape from his gaze but leaving like that would be impolite.

'The twenty three bad souls you mentioned' Minho said after a while.

'Look for them in the caverns in the north. The fools are trying to cross Styx back to the mortal world. Oh and five of them are in Elysium living their best live. Make sure all twenty three get an extra punishment for causing us so much trouble.'

Changbin stared at the god for a moment, stunned.

'Oh..Okay. Thank you, Sir. We'll do our best to get them'

Minho nodded and waved the attendant away.

As Changbin was already out of the door, they heard Minho call after them:

'Don't forget my tea'

∆∆∆

Cerberus - hellhound with three heads, guards the entrance to the netherworld so that no alive people can come in

Elysium - section of the underworld for heroic souls, or really good souls, is something like heaven, paradise-like

Council - judges of the underworld, who look at the deads' deeds and evaluate what they deserve

∆∆∆

a/n

at first I wanted to name the skeletons something actually funny like Herbert or Princess Buttercup but then I couldn't resist making Changbin a skeleton-

(also they/them pronouns because come on the skeletons of the underworld don't have a gender)

love you <3

∆∆