epilogue.

The underworld was much more quiet now without Felix.

But some of his brightness, his hope was stubborn. It clung to the palace's walls, to the atmosphere. Refusing to leave netherworld to its own dampness.

Somehow it clung to Minho, too. He was sad, yes but at the same time - not.

He knew that going back had been the right decision for Felix.

And he was glad that the younger had found his happiness.

And that made his own heartbreak more endurable.

Nonetheless he missed Felix desperately.

Of course he did.

It was Jeongin who held him together.

Their friendship had never been as close and intimate before.

The god of death practically lived in Minho's palace, staying stubbornly at his side.

They spend their time sipping tea, gossiping with Changbin and Jisung.

Hugging.

Taking care of each other.

And of course, talking. Philosophizing, talking about everything they could come up with.

They often spoke about Felix, actually.

It was painful for Minho but.. it helped him, too. He wouldn't want to pretend nothing ever happened.

'Can't you try and see Felix some time?', Minho asked one day.

'What?'

'You are in the mortal world now and then'

'I don't know. I could try it, but... What would that help you?'

Minho shrugged. He didn't know either.

'You could tell me wether he's alright?'

'He is alright. His power is strong enough that even you should feel it'

'I know. You could give him a kiss for me?'

Jeongin scoffed.

'I doubt you'd actually want that'

'You already did it'

'Once'

For a few seconds, silence spread between them. Minho sighed.

'Back then. Why did you kiss him? You already knew I was in love with him at that point'

Jeongin just nodded.

He looked away from his friend, gaze wandering while he remembered the situation.

'I- I'm sorry about that kiss. But I don't regret it'

He sighed and turned back to the other.

'Minho, I know that was a shit thing to do, but in that moment it wasn't about you and your love. It was... just about Felix. He needed something that moment, and maybe I did, too. The kiss was the only thing we could give each other'

'I'm not angry with you'

'I know. I know you, Minho'

Both of them chuckled silently, reluctantly.

'Felix, I understand. He felt shit and.. and had that weird love-hate relationship with me going on. But why did you need it?'

'I.. Felix and I are more similar than you think. In our feelings'

Jeongin looked at his hands.

The other tried to decipher what he meant with that, without success. He shook his head. 'I don't understand'

'One day you will'

Jeongin leaned quickly in and gave him a soft kiss on the forehead.

Due to spending so much time together, small gestures like this had become normal.

'Are we okay?'

'Mhm' Minho nodded silently.

'Then let's go and water some plants'

They chuckled.

Without Felix being here, keeping his garden alive was some shitload of work.

But everyone, Minho, Jeongin, all the skeletons helping, enjoyed spending time there.

It was a little bit of Felix's spell.

Being bright, radiating good mood and hospitality.

Today, the snapping plants from Acheron started singing some horribly cheesy romantic pop song as soon as Minho stepped next to them.

Oh, he hated that kind of music furiously.

It must have been Jisung who taught them that.

Minho would scold the skeleton later.

While he watered the plants and started having discussions with them about their music taste, he realized one thing:

Having lost Felix hurt. Badly.

He would miss him forever.

But in the end... he'd be fine.

∆∆∆

∆∆