7∆

'And, what's his favourite flavour?'

'Strawberry, like yours, just with two sugars instead of one'

Minho smiled. He had no idea what to do with that information now, though.

Changbin looked weirdly at him.

He chose to ignore it.

Without Jeongin's company, there wasn't much to do in the palace.

Minho originally had the plan to resume to his throne to drink tea and stare into space again but... somehow he wasn't in the mood anymore.

Quite the opposite - he felt a little restless.

He wanted to do something.

'Changbin?'

'Sir?'

'Uhm. Is there ... something I can help you with?'

The skeleton stared at their master.

Minho blushed slightly.

What the hell was this?

After what felt like centuries, Changbin nodded slowly.

'Sir, remember how I told you yesterday that your entire realm was slowly descending into chaos? That is actually... still the case'

'Oh'

'So.. you could do your job'

That may be a little disrespectfully phrased, but the skeleton had a point and so Minho chose not to fry them.

'I'll get to work' he nodded enthusiastically and hurried off.

Changbin stared after their king, expression a tiny bit worried.

And Minho was productive that day.

The queue of freshly dead souls that waited to be evaluated by the council had grown and grown over the last days, until it wasn't a line anymore but instead a pulk of inpatient souls that covered the whole area between Styx's shore and the entrance to underworld.

All three members of the council complained about having burnouts.

Minho threatened them with a four week vacation in Tartarus.

They stopped complaining and kept working.

Minho helped with sorting the souls this time, because it were like thousands and he may have felt a little bit guilty letting things (literally) go to hell here.

As the queue resembled a line of maybe fifty souls again (as it should usually be), he left the council to work alone.

He took a mental note to give them some kind of compensation later.

Minho then fed Cerberus. And because the poor dog had been a little neglected over the last days, Minho also played with her and ruffled her fur for probably hours.

Her three huge mouths were slobbering. And her eyes were bright. Despite being more of a cat person, Minho loved that dog.

Afterwards, he saw to it that all the souls who ended up somewhere they didn't belong got back to their destined place.

Finally, he payed the twenty three evil souls that had tried to escape yesterday a visit. He talked with the skeletons there about their personal punishments, gave praise for especially creative ones and suggested improvements for the others.

As Minho just wanted to call it a day and head home, he was approached by one of the Furies.

The Fury told him that she had broken her wing (which Minho could see was quite true) and thus needed a few weeks off. What was a Fury that couldn't fly?

Other than the council, she was happy about the prospect of spending a few weeks in Tartarus.

And since Minho was a responsible king (and to this day a little intimidated by the Furies) he naturally granted her the vacation.

Then he went back to his palace.

He was extremely tired because he had kinda forgotten how strenuous his work could be and was out of practice. Yet he felt good with having finally done something.

Now Minho just wanted to fall in his bed and sleep the next two days.

As soon as he entered his palace, Changbin appeared in front of him.

'Sir, nice to see you were productive today'

Minho internally rolled his eyes at the hidden side stab in the comment. The skeleton continued.

'Persephone wants to see you. He demanded for you the whole day. That kid... is quite something.'

Minho closed his eyes and let out an exhausted sigh. He had totally forgotten that he held a young god captive.

'Do you think I could visit him tomorrow morning?'

'Um. Nope. Sir. He threatened to let plants grow through my ribcage. That'd be... hella uncomfortable.'

The king stared at the skeleton.

Changbin stared back.

'Okay, okay, but just a few minutes. Oh, and give me two cups of strawberry tea.'

'One sugar?'

'One with one, the other with two'

∆∆∆

three Furies - also known as Erinyes: godesses of vengeance, often depicted with wings

Tartarus - deep abyss beneath the underworld, place of torment and suffering, houses most mythological monsters

∆∆∆

a/n

um do you see Cerberus as Seungmin

because I kinda do

I can't stop it

∆∆