4∆

Minho was sitting on his throne, doing nothing, once again.

Then suddenly, he felt a strange coldness seeping through his bones, his mind, sending shivers up and down his body.

'Jeongin!'

'Hey, Minho!'

The god of death appeared in front of him. Jeongin wore an oversized black hoodie with a pink hello kitty printed on the front.

Minho's mood lifted immediately.

'Where have you been the last days? I died of boredom'

'Maybe doing your duties and preventing netherworld from descending into chaos could keep you a little busy?'

'You're such a partypooper. I'll do that. Later. Now, tell me what you did the last days!'

'Okay okay. Hey' he said to Changbin who patiently stood in the corner, 'bring us tea, please'

The skeleton nodded and hurried away.

'Do you think Changbin's annoyed that even though they're my first attendant, all they ever do is making us tea?' Minho wondered.

Jeongin shrugged. 'There are worse things to do'

There was a short silence, until Jeongin remembered that he was supposed to tell a story.

'Okay so I may have gotten something that could help you with your little depressive episode'

'I'm not depressed'

'What else you gon call it?'

'Bad mood?'

'Yeah right'

'So what is it you got me?'

Minho couldn't help the excitement in his voice.

'Well-'

Jeongin was interrupted by the skeleton bringing a tray of steaming tea.

'That was fast' he noted.

'We always keep tea ready' Changbin explained and added a little quieter: 'The king drinks two cups per hour these days'

That made Jeongin frown in worry. Maybe he should've hurried up a little with his plan.

Meanwhile Minho had taken the tray in his lap and was stirring his tea absently again.

Jeongin dismissed Changbin with a nod and went over to his friend.

He took his coup to smell it.

'Vanilla? What the hell, Minho?'

Minho shrugged.

'It helps with my headaches and bad dreams'

'Vanilla is disgusting'

'That, too, yeah'

There was a short silence, in which Jeongin stared at Minho and Minho stared out of the window.

Eventually, the Lord of Death sighed and drained the cup in one shot. Both the flavour and the fact that the tea was still steaming hot made him pull a grimace.

Minho drank also, but just a sip and he didn't pull a face.

'So what was it we were talking about?'

His voice was a little halfhearted and his gaze wandered over to the window again.

Jeongin was used to his mood swings by now.

'You know what? It'll be better when I show you. Come on'

He pulled Minho up, who resisted slightly at first but then put most of his focus on keeping his tea in its cup.

Standing, he took another sip.

'I can't believe you're making me walk around'

'That's what friends are for'

Jeongin pulled him out of his throne room and through the hallways.

Stairs up, stairs down, then out over a small court, stairs up again.

Then they had to turn and go back to the court to take a different hallway as no one except the attendants (and sometimes Minho) knew their way around in that palace.

And Minho didn't know where they were going. And Jeongin was way to conceited to ask anyone for help.

After another ten minutes of this - Minho's tea was long gone - they had found the wing with the dungeons.

There were about a hundred dark misty cells here - and at the east side the building lead to an tower.

The tower's room was a special cell.

It was magically secured with spells strong enough to hold a god. Or goddess.

'Why are you bringing me here, Jeongin?', Minho asked wearily.

He had a really bad foreshadowing where this was going.

'Wait to see for yourself'

Ninety seven stair steps later they stood infront of the door to the tower's room.

Minho was really nervous now.

'Minho, my dear friend' Jeongin said while beginning to open the several locks on the door.

'May I introduce you to the cure for your bad mood? To a new source of brightness and happiness? To the goddess of spring - Persephone herself?'

Before Minho could say anything, the last lock clicked and vanished.

There was a really short silence before Jeongin stepped forward and swung the door open.

∆∆∆

a/n:

I love the imagination of Minho himself getting lost in his palace

∆∆