9∆

Minho should've drunk a vanilla tea. That at least helped with his nightmares.

He didn't really sleep for the whole night.

One bad dream after another let him wake up drenched in sweat with fastened breathing and his heart hammering against his chest.

He could never put a finger on what exactly he dreamed of.

A while ago Minho had come to the conclusion that his dreams didn't have actual actions but were more like simple emotions, loneliness, desperation, fear, just intensified and hurting.

Tonight it was a new feeling that haunted him. Worry? Anxiety? Guilt?

At some point he gave up thinking about it or trying to fall asleep again and got up.

After dressing himself (black victorian ruffle shirt, what else) he met Changbin in the hallway.

Minho didn't like how that skeleton managed to look even more worried than the last time they saw each other.

'Your dreams, sir?'

'Is it that obvious?'

'It is, yes. Sorry.'

'It's okay'

'I'll make you a vanilla tea'

'Thank you. Um. What's on the list today?'

'Elysium'

Minho sighed. He actually didn't like it there too much. Most of the inhabitants were incredibly prig and conceited.

'In the afternoon, Jeongin will stop by for your tea party'

Minho had almost forgotten that. He wasn't sure if he was ready to see his friend again and not kill him, but Minho couldn't deny that he'd missed Jeongin.

'Oh, and Charon mentioned that his boat was somewhat broken'

He scoffed. 'That man has so much money by now, yet as soon as something doesn't go his way he comes running to me'

'He respects you as his king, sir'

'Do you really think that's what it is?'

'Okay, yeah, I don't know'

Minho let out a humourless laugh.

'When you're talking to him anyway, you should also ask how the upper world gets by without their spring goddess'

'Oh yeah' Minho sighed.

'Talking about Felix - do you have any idea what you're gonna do with him?'

'Well, get him back up there, I guess'

Changbin threw him an indecipherable look. 'I thought that much was clear'

'I mean - yeah it is. Isn't it? It's clear.' The god of the underworld cleared his throat awkwardly.

Changbin rolled their eyes.

'But how are you gonna do it without him turning our palace into a jungle and strangling you in the process?'

'I... have no idea'

The two stared quizzically at each other. A lot of their conversations were held by staring quizzically at each other.

'I'm working on it' Minho finally said.

'Then work faster. Sir. I fear for my life every time I go to bring him tea'

The god remembered suddenly what Felix had said yesterday.

'He mentioned being bored. You don't by any chance know a skeleton that could babysit him, right? Preferably someone that needs a little punishment for doing something stupid?'