28∆

'Jeongin'

'Um. Minho. Hi'

The two awkwardly stared at each other.

'For god's sake' Changbin shook their head. 'You want tea?' they asked Jeongin.

'I- Yes, if I- I mean, if it's okay..?'

He squirmed uncomfortably, searching for Minho's gaze but avoiding it at the same time.

Minho nodded out of habit.

The skeleton seemed more than thankful to escape the situation.

'You're here' Minho said after a further minute of awkward staring.

'I'm- yeah, yeah I am.'

Silence.

'Nice hoodie'

It was black and had a print of a skeleton lasciviously draped on a couch, captioned with Draw me like one of your french girls.

Jeongin's hair had also become longer and messier but somehow it suited his sharp features.

He nodded. 'Nice chest'

Minho remembered that he was still shirtless. Feeling self-conscious all of a sudden, he crossed his arms Infront of himself.

'What do you want, Jeongin?'

'I... I wanted to apologize?'

The god of netherworld didn't say anything. What was he supposed to say to that?

Jeongin clearly fighted for the next words to push past his lips.

'Also.. I missed you.'

He looked away.

Minho sighed, his heart throbbing.

'Jeongin. You fucked up. You fucked up big time'

'I know, goddamn, I know that. And I hate myself for it and I'm so sorry and...'

He fell silent.

'I don't know what to say or what to do, I just... I just wanna travel back in time and stop myself from giving him that pomegranate'

'How about stopping yourself from kidnapping him at all?'

'As long as he has a way back I don't see a problem with that. I'd gladly act as the bad guy so you can have a meet cute'

'Oh, Jeongin'

Minho shook his head.

'What? Minho?'

The taller's gaze was almost pleading.

'Jeongin-ah, you'll be the death of me. I don't know what to do either. I don't know how to feel about you'

'How you feel about me?'

'Dear Lord, on one hand I wanna rip off your head and throw it into Tartarus. On the other hand...' Minho sighed. 'I missed you too'

A tiny smile dared to creep on Jeongin's lips.

'The first part still outweighs the other one, though'

'That's okay, I think'

The two stared at each other again, yet this time it was slightly less awkward.

After a while, Jeongin cleared his throat.

'How have things been with Persephone?'

Minho sighed, contemplating how to explain everything.

'He hates my guts but we kinda get along'

'And what do you think about him?'

That was a good question. Minho shook his head.