26∆

A few days later they ate breakfast together again.

Or rather, Minho slurped his vanilla tea and watched Felix stuffing himself with food.

The garden had flourished beautifully in the meantime and Minho couldn't wait to show it to Felix.

'Are you okay, by the way?'

Minho looked up, steaming cup against his lips. 'What?'

'I heard screams from your room last night. And not the nice kind either'

'Oh' the older god turned back to his tea. 'I had bad dreams last night. They've gotten worse since Tartarus'

'Ah' Felix shrugged. 'If you're always that loud from now on, then I want another room'

'Thanks for the condolences'

'Don't tell me you need my condolences, that's pathetic'

Minho chuckled.

'I already have an idea for your new room'

'The dungeon? Or the small tower room again?'

'Funny. But no.'

Minho stood up, suddenly excited. Felix looked at him weirdly.

'Come on, I'll show you something'

The doors to the southern wing resembled an old mystical gate more than anything.

'What's here?', Felix asked, staring at it with a doubtful face. 'The skeletons didn't let me enter for the last weeks'

'I didn't want you to see before it was ready'

'What's ready?'

Minho stepped to the doors and slowly pushed them open.

'See for yourself, princess'

The first thing noticable was the faint scent of sweet flowers escaping past the gate.

Felix irritatedly looked at Minho.

The older god stepped aside to reveal a bright beam of light cutting through the general darkness of the palace's halls.

It brushed against Felix's left arm. Minho could see the shudder chasing through the other's body.

He leaned towards the brightness, not believing what he felt.

'Minho. Is... Is that actual sunlight?'

The god of the underworld watched as the other took a hesitant step into the light, through the gate.

Minho followed slowly.

Their eyes needed some time adjusting to the dazzling light. Here and there, green started to replace the white.

Felix took a few more steps, squinted his eyes while he looked up. His freckles seemed to be glittering as soon as they were hit by the sunlight.

'Yeah it is', Minho answered his question silently.

'Oh my goodness'

Felix eyes fell closed. He spread his arms and soaked the light up like a dry sponge, slowly turning around himself.

And Minho was staring at him.

He was so goddamn beautiful.

His full lips were parted a little, his lashes almost touching his cheeks, his chin titled upwards, neck straining.