2

↿♥︎.∞︎︎.♥︎↾

"Ok ok ok. Is it like a date to meet his parents? Or a friend to meet my parents?" Faye asks, digging through my closet.

I close my eyes, flopping back onto my bed. "I don't know, he didn't really say anything other than. 'Hey I just met you but I'm having a family dinner tomorrow night and I'd love for you to come.' What does that even mean?"

"It's definitely a date," Faye claims.

I open my eyes and stare at my ceiling. I used to love finding patterns in the texturing as a kid. "I'd agree, but he just got dumped. Only a player would switch girls that fast. And I don't want to date another player. Seth was one too many."

Faye snorts. "Seth was six too many with his multiple personalities."

I raise a finger. "One that's rude." I lift another finger. "And two, it's accurate, but mostly it's rude."

My roommate and best friend rolls her eyes and moves away from the closet. "One you have nothing good to wear and two you have nothing good to wear," she mocks. I sigh, standing to follow her across the tiny hall to her bedroom. She flips through a few dresses before pulling one out. "This is what you're wearing with your strappy tan heels and curly hair. It'll make you look like a freaking goddess."

I take in the sage green and white dress, and my eyes widen. "Faye, I love you and I think you're gorgeous and have an amazing fashion sense, but I can't wear that. Especially not to dinner with Henry's family."

She scoffs, waving a hand. "Just go put it on, we can try something else if you don't like it."
I do a second glance over the dress, my eyes lingering on the beaded straps. It looks so elegant and feminine and despite what I said I absolutely love it. It's just more of a date dress and not a platonic-dinner-with-family dress. Resignation hits me, and I sigh as I take the dress. The second it touches my fingers I know it's the one I'm wearing. Satin makes up the bodice, and the high waisted skirt is a stretchy fabric that I can't name, but it feels amazing. Once I put it on, I realize it even fits me perfectly. "Faye," I call, and she slips into our shared bathroom with a gasp.

"EEEEEEEE! I knew it would be perfect!"

I set my hands on my hips and level a glare at her. "Why would you have a dress in your closet that feels like it was made for me?"

"It was meant to be a birthday gift, but you obviously needed it now, and look at how perfect it is." She has the decency to look embarrassed.

"Faye, this must have cost a fortune, I can't accept it!"

She folds her arms, giving me her determined model look. "You can and you will. No take backs, no exchanges. He is supposed to be here in like twenty minutes after all."

I open my mouth to argue, but she raises her eyebrows. Closing it, I set my jaw. Fine, I'll wear this dress, and I'll wear it well. I rip my makeup bag out of the cupboard, and begin pulling out what I need. Faye calls out to Alexa to start the music, and the party is started. I motion for her to set up the curling wand with my mascara. She nods, completely understanding me without any words being spoken. We've known each other too long for that.

It takes longer than usual to finish getting ready since we're constantly pausing to dance and sing along to the music. I'm just slipping on my heels when knocking fills the air. Faye charges for the door, but somehow still looks collected when it opens. I shake my head, chuckling under my breath. Grabbing my purse and phone, a smile fills my face at the sound of Henry's voice. Is it bad that I'm this excited to spend time with him when we just met yesterday?