11

↿♥︎.∞︎︎.♥︎↾

I stare down my laundry pile as if I can make it disappear with a look. It doesn't work. Sighing, I plop down onto my bed. I wish I didn't have to do this today. Snow has been falling all week, so I've been putting it off, but now it's atrocious. And I have no clean clothes to wear. Something needs to happen.

Of course, instead of putting on some hype music, I grumble the entire time I grab a suitcase and start to fill it.

"I should've done this last week when it was still kinda sunny," I mumble. "Why didn't I do that? Oh right, I was spending every spare minute with Henry."

We've had countless adventures in the past week and a half since 'the kiss'. Obviously more kissing has happened, but none of them compare to the first one for some reason.

Thankfully, a knock on the door saves me from my negative thoughts. And laundry. I rush to answer it, mostly sliding and trying not to fall in my fuzzy socks. Pulling open the door, I pant, "Hi."

Henry smirks at me from just outside. "Did you sprint all the way from your room?"

I don't have enough air at the moment to answer him, so I just nod, waving him in. He laughs, tipping his head back, slipping his hand into mine and stepping into my apartment. I close the door, leading him over to the couch. 

"Are you busy right now?" He asks when we settle down, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

I purse my lips, debating if I answer honestly or not. I really need to finish with my laundry, but I also really don't want to. "Well... no?"

"Is that a question?" Henry's brows quirk up as he watches me.

"I'm doing laundry," I whisper conspiratorially. "And I really don't want to. But... it's a necessary thing at the moment."

"Oh, I see. When will the laundromat close?" His fingers run up and down my arm in slow, lazy circles. It kind of makes it hard to think...
"6? I think?"

"How about we go Christmas shopping, do your laundry and then come back to my apartment to decorate it? Cookies may be involved." Henry grins down at me, knowing full well I'll say yes. I always say yes.

"Absolutely. Wanna put on some music while I finish loading up my laundry?"

He stands, pulling me up beside me. As I walk away, he gives me finger guns while Christmas music fills the apartment. Before long, the two of us are trying to harmonize and failing miserably. Mid ear-piercing solo, Faye walks through the door and freezes.

"Woah. Hi."

I burst into giggles, falling to the floor. Henry's not much better in the middle of the living room. Wiping tears from my eyes, I stand and greet Faye.

"Welcome home."

"What's going on?" Faye asks, looking between Henry and I. This isn't the first time she's come home to find him and I, but it is the first time we've been singing at the top of our lungs. "Did I miss an invite to a dance party?"

"No," I chuckle. "We're doing laundry." Looking back at the pile in my room that has barely moved since Henry arrived, I shrug. "Kind of."