Epilogue

↿♥︎.∞︎︎.♥︎↾

We eventually make it to the Daunt family Christmas, both of our cheeks rosy and eyes sparkling. The family doesn't comment on anything, just give us suspiciously happy looks. I think I even see Nova and Aviva exchanging money behind our backs. I have no doubt they were betting on us.

We open presents, laugh and mostly just enjoy each other's company. I may have had some hesitations about fitting in in the beginning, but today I feel like family in a way I never did with Seth. I can't keep the smile off my face as I look over at Henry. He's kept me close the whole morning, purposefully positioning us under mistletoe to steal quick kisses. Of course, that's no surprise.

Eventually, Aviva and Nova pull me away when Henry "catches" me under the green decoration. "Stop it, you're ruining my Christmas," Nova groans.

"How?" Henry scoffs.

"You're being gross."

I laugh, patting Henry's arm. "There will be plenty of time for me, don't worry. I'm not going anywhere, you can count on that."

Henry smiles, remembering the time he said the same thing to me, standing in a Benson's aisle.

Aviva and Nova have matching wails when Henry tugs me close for the tiniest kiss. "We've lost her forever," Aviva laments to Nova.

I roll my eyes, startling a bit at a pounding on the door. Henry grins and rushes to answer it.

His teammates flow through the door in a steady stream. I greet the ones I've met, including Sia and Charlie who are there, and Henry introduces me to the few that weren't at the party I went to. I was not expecting them to be here for lunch, but it's surprisingly fun to watch them tease Henry about me. I don't think I'll ever stop enjoying the way he blushes.

After lunch, we end up in the living room as a group. Wives and girlfriends sit on the floor in front of their partners, and the single ladies lounge like queens in chairs pulled from the dining room. I stand, moving into the kitchen for a drink of water. Aviva and a guy I think is named Cole stand close in the kitchen. I freeze on the threshold and watch them.

After a couple minutes, a grin grows on my face. There's got to be something between them. Their heated conversation has sparks flying in my face. I sense Henry walk up behind me, and he wraps his arms around my waist, burying his face in my neck.

"How do you smell so good?" he mumbles against my skin.

"Deodorant, look it up. How come you never mentioned Aviva having feelings for Cole?"

Henry's head snaps up as his arms tighten around my waist. "She doesn't."

"I wouldn't be so sure," I caution, raising a brow at him. "Something at least is going on between the two of them."

He grunts, dropping his head back against my shoulder. "She should stay away."

"Really?" I snort. "My brother said the same thing to me about you. Aren't you glad I didn't listen?"

"So glad," Henry whispers, pressing a kiss to my temple.

↿♥︎.∞︎︎.♥︎↾

A/N: It's short, but it warms my heart and hopefully yours too! It's not set in the future because I was preparing for the next book with it (don't worry the bonus scene gives you a glimpse into Future Henry and Kodi). Any guesses on who's story comes next???
Leave me your thoughts!
---->

↿♥︎.∞︎︎.♥︎↾