7

↿♥︎.∞︎︎.♥︎↾

I groan, rubbing my face vigorously. This morning came way too early. The smell of waffles and the start of my class drawing ever nearer are the only things that got me out of bed.

Stumbling into the kitchen, I squint into the bright light just in time to see Faye sliding some sausage onto a plate I hope is for me. I shuffle towards it, reaching to take it, but Faye slides it out of reach.

"Good morning, sunshine! Did you have a good time last night?"

Henry ended up bringing me home with him because Faye needed to get to bed early. Now she thinks something happened between us. Blerg. Let the interrogation begin!

"Mhm," I mumble, still not exactly awake enough for words. I try again to grab the plate, but she picks it up and holds it away from me.

"Did anything... special happen after I left?" Faye gives me a suggestive look, and I sigh.

Placing my hands on my hips, I set her straight. "We were at a party, Faye. I don't think that's the kind of guy Henry is."

She raises her free hand in a surrender before her eyes get a wicked gleam. "But he dropped you off. Plenty of time for a goodnight kiss."

I look away, studying my hands. Faye places one of hers on top of them, dipping to make me meet her eyes.

"You did let him kiss you, right?"

"Umm, I may have just hugged him at his car and ran into the building before he could do anything?"

Faye's shoulders drop with the tiniest hint of disappointment, and she hands me the plate. "Fair enough, but I need to know when you two finally kiss. It's eating me up inside."

"Right now, hunger is eating me up inside," I reply, moving to the barstools. She laughs, tossing her head back. I grin and shovel the first three bites into my mouth. I wasn't really lying about being hungry. I'm famished.

And also, maybe a little disappointed as well that Henry didn't kiss me. That I didn't let him. We almost kissed once before we realized where we were and that it wasn't the best place for a first kiss. Even when we went out and laid in the backyard, just talking, there were so many couples back there that it just didn't feel right. By the time we got to the car, I had scared myself out of wanting a kiss. In fact, my hands were shaking the whole drive home thinking about if he tried to kiss me at the door. So I didn't let it happen.

But now, in the daylight, I'm starting to regret that.

I sigh, placing my plate in the sink. Time to get to work. Faye and I both work two jobs, with one of them taking up more of our time than the other. I blog and resell clothing online. Neither seem big, but my blog makes a decent income, and reselling clothes is fun. Faye models and works as a barista at a cute little cafe called Once Upon a Time. It's my favorite place to take a break.

Pulling out my large pile of clothing at the back of my closet from my most recent thrifting venture, I roll my shoulders. Each of these needs two to three pictures taken and posted along with descriptions filled out. Should take me all morning. Perfect distraction from Henry and our almost kiss.

I drag the basket out to the living room as Faye disappears in the bathroom. Probably getting ready for her shift at the cafe. Laying out the first item on the floor, I smile. I almost kept this one for myself. The long black trench coat is a staple, the reason I already have two similar ones in our front closet. More than enough. The pictures are easy enough, and I move on to the next item.

An hour or two later, the basket is half empty, and my back is killing me from being bent for that long. I push to my feet, arching my back hoping it'll stretch out and stop complaining. It doesn't help much. I guess it's time to switch over to writing.