14

↿♥︎.∞︎︎.♥︎↾

I take a couple of days, reading Henry's texts but ignoring his phone calls. He's said he's sorry at least twenty times. I don't know how many times it's going to be until I completely forgive him. Maybe I'm already there...

Picking up my phone, I open social media. The brainlessness of it might just get me to do something about Henry.

I scroll without really seeing until I recognize names I hoped never to see on my page again: Seth and Lorelei. The whole post was a congratulations from one of our mutual friends, and for once the pictures of their storybook romance don't make me feel like crap. Now it makes me think of hot chocolate and rainy days. My lips curl upwards, that is until my eyes land on the pile of clothes I need to wash.

It's crazy how fast clothes pile up.

I drag myself over to the pile, putting on a movie. It's left on my bed so I don't change my mind and curl up around my phone to watch it.

Not even halfway through the movie, my clothes are packed up, and I walk out the door. The elevator ride seems to go on forever as I shiver alone inside. I force myself not to think of elevator rides with Henry, and his heavy warmth. Cheese puffs, I just did.

With a sigh, I trudge out into the snow. Tossing my suitcase in the back, I pull out my ice scraper and get to work.

My hands are numb, and it sure feels like sweat is freezing to my forehead. I climb into my car, turning the key to get it started. Only, it doesn't ever turn over.

"Come on, come on, come on!" I groan. There's no way I'm going to walk to the laundromat in this weather. I guess I'll have to wait until Faye gets back from Once Upon a Time before doing my laundry.

Someone taps their knuckles on my window, and I jump like a cat. Henry stands outside my car, hands stuffed in his pockets. I roll down my window, watching him carefully.

"Is everything okay?" He asks, his breath puffing in the cold air.

"My car won't start." That's it.

"Would you mind if I take a look? I'm not a car whiz, but I might be able to tell if it's a simple fix."

I pop the hood, gesturing to the front of my Jeep. "It's all yours."

I step out into the cold, watching Henry bend over and start to check things out. It doesn't take long for his verdict.

"I can't see anything wrong, but I can take you wherever you need to go."

"That's fine," I instantly protest. "I'll just wait for Faye to get back."

"Dakota, I don't mind driving you to the laundromat."

My mouth drops open. How did he know I was doing laundry?

"I can clearly see your suitcase in the back." His lips twitch, and my chest tightens. Goodness I've missed him. "Let me take you, please."

"Alright." It's so quiet, I barely hear it myself, but Henry takes off for his truck. I follow behind him with my suitcase in tow. We get settled in his truck like we always have, and he thoughtfully makes sure there's quiet music playing.

The short drive to the laundromat involves no conversation. Just what I'm nearly positive is the Kodi playlist playing softly in the background of our thoughts. Henry doesn't open the truck door for me, but he does get to my suitcase before me and effortlessly lifts it out of the backseat. He holds open the laundromat door for me, and I pause next to an empty washing machine.

"I don't mind walking back, if you don't want to stay," I offer, looking up at Henry.

"I never said I didn't want to stay." He takes a seat next to the door, pulling out his phone. My heart warms, and I fight a smile. This is not the time.

I dump the contents of my suitcase into the washing machine and add my detergent. The cycle starts, and now I have to find something to do for the next hour because there's no way I'm publicly unloading everything with Henry while I wait for my laundry to wash. No thank you.

I take a seat next to Henry, just as he stands and holds his phone to his ear. His conversation isn't audible to me when he steps away. I have to work really hard to keep the frown off my nosy face.

It's fine, I don't need to know.

Not long after, he comes and sits down next to me, our legs nearly brushing. It sends sparks down my spine, and I work to keep my breathing and heart rate steady though who am I kidding? That's not happening when I can feel the body heat of the man I love.

I startle at the sound of the washing machine buzzer and hurry to switch my load to a dryer. Thankfully, none of my unmentionables land on the ground. The dryer runs loudly, and I move back to the chair I vacated.

My social media feed gets a lot of attention while I wait for the dryer to finish. Nothing particularly interesting pulls up, but it makes the time not drag out.

Henry stands when I go to unload the finished dryer cycle, and snags the suitcase out of my hand when I move towards the door. I shake my head with a chuckle, but let him hand it. It's worthless to argue with him about chivalry. He tosses the suitcase in the back seat while I climb in and shuts my door behind me.

The drive back to our apartments is very similar to the drive to the laundromat, and I lean my head against the door frame as I stare out my window. Again, Henry doesn't even try to talk. I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me love him any more than I did before.

We pull into the apartment's parking lot, and I shoot straight up in my seat. My car is gone. "Where is my car?"

Henry maneuvers into his parking spot and rubs the back of his neck.

"Henry?"

"I may have called a tow company to pick up your car and get it looked at." He turns to face me, holding up his hands in a surrender. "I will pay for it all, I promise. I just wanted to make sure you had a car for your Christmas plans. If your car isn't ready by then, you can take mine."

I stare at him in shock and maybe a little bit of awe. He took care of me even though he has no obligation to. We're not dating. The other day proved that. And yet, here we are.

"Thank you," I murmur, rubbing my hands along my leggings.

Henry nods and walks me to my door. He leaves me there with my suitcase and that's that. He never once pushes me to let him explain or even brings up our past. He just filled my need in more ways than I could have ever expected. I step into my apartment, pulling up a movie on my phone. Pausing, I realize this has been the most enjoyable laundry day I've had since living on my own, and I think I'm ready to acknowledge why: Henry. It's always been him. Now it's time to show him.

Throwing my laundry and phone in my room, I pull out a blank piece of paper. Without a moment's hesitation, I start scribbling down the contents of my heart. The words come easier than they ever have in my life, and I laugh as tears stream down my face. I'm holding nothing back. I've had enough of that.

↿♥︎.∞︎︎.♥︎↾

A/N: EEEK! It's hApPeNiNg! This droopy part is almost done, and Kodi is feeling fearless! I am so ready for y'all to get the last chapter IT IS AMAZING! Any ideas on how it goes?
Leave me your thoughts!
---->

↿♥︎.∞︎︎.♥︎↾