Young Frollo

(Sorry for the typos)

"𝑪𝒍𝒂𝒂𝒂𝒖𝒅𝒆!‟ Calls Clement from high up in the tree. "I give up!" Claude runs in the direction of his ten year old brother's voice. He finds him sitting up on a thick tree branch swinging his legs.

"What do you mean you give up?" Claude says looking up at his brother.

"𝑾𝒆𝒍𝒍 you were taking too long to find me and I was getting hungry." Clement climbs down from the tree. "I guess I'm just too good of a hider." He says puffing out his chest.

"Yeah okay but guess what, 𝑰'𝒎 a faster runner than you. Last one home gets the stale piece of bread!" With that Claude playfully pushes his brothers head down and takes off toward their cottage.

"NO FAIR!" Cries Clement as he tears off after his brother.

In a shuffle of feet both boys try to out do each other, not wanting to get the stale piece of bread for super. Claude makes it home first shortly followed my Clement. Though they are panting both of them are laughing as well. When they walk in the smell of their mother's ratatouille fills their noses.

"Looks like you boys had a full day. Go wash up, supper is almost done." Still in competition the brothers race each other to the bathroom nearly knocking their father over.

"Woah you two!" Says their father chucking. "Where you would think there were a heard of mad bulls after you."
"Sorry papa!" They call in unison.

Burlio looks at his wife and shakes his head.
"What are we going to do with those two Ethelinda?"

Not long after the boys wash up they are sitting at the table, waiting to tuck in to their mother's home cooked meal.

"Okay, so who would like to say grace tonight?" Asked Ethelinda.
"I'll do it mama." Volunteers Clement.
"Good." Says Ethelinda giving a slight nod smiling.

All of them bow their heads and Clement begins to say the blessing.

𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒈𝒐𝒅. 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒎𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓'𝒔 𝒄𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒇𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕. 𝑾𝒆 𝒂𝒔𝒌 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒂𝒕𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒖𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒂𝒇𝒆. 𝑶𝒉 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝑪𝒍𝒂𝒖𝒅𝒆 𝒂 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒌𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒐 𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒊𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒉𝒊𝒎 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒆. Claude lifts one eye open to peek at his brother smirking. 𝑨𝒎𝒆𝒏.

"Thank you son, that was a very nice prayer." Says Burlio smiling over at his youngest son.

The Frollos pass the modest meal around the table. It's not much but it is enough to feed the family of four. When it comes time to pass the bread, Claude deliberately takes the staler piece. Clement looks at him confused.

"But...you won the race to the house? I though that meant that I would have to get the stale piece?"

"Well...you are a pretty good hider, so I thought maybe you should have it tonight." Claude looks fondly at his brother and his parents look at both of their children with smiles on their faces.

After dinner the boys head up to get ready for bed.

"Papa! Are you almost ready? The story isn't going to read itself!" Shouts Clement from his bedroom. Not long Burlio pops into the room book in hand.