Diagnosed- Part 2

(Sorry for the typos)

"Do I have to go to school?" Whined 9 year old Zephyr. "It's so nice out!" Ica turns around to look at him and gave him a half hearted smile.

"Sorry Zephie Bears, but I'm afraid so. When I was your age, some days  I didn't want to go to school either."

"But that was forever ago! School was probably a lot more fun." He said huffing.

"Um excuse me, I'm not so old that it was forever ago." Said Ica throwing a crumpled up napkin playfully at her son.

"Mumyyy stop throwing things." Said Zephyr giggling.

"We'll your being a little brat." She said in false annoyance. "Besides sometimes I don't want to go to work. Especially when it's nice out. But if I don't work, who's gonna take care of you?"

"Umm Jehovah!" Ica, taken aback by her son's resourcefulness, smiles at him affectionately.

"Well, okay you're right. You got me there. Jehovah will take care of you. But as your mum, he still expects me to work and take care of you."

"Daddy's got it made. He doesn't have to work or go to school." Said Zephyr. Claude looks back at his son in the rear view mirror. "Daddy, how come you don't have to work like mummy?" He asked tilting his head. Claude chuckled softly.

"Well son, that's because I'm retired. When you get old like me, then you don't have to work anymore."

"But mummy's old." Zephyr retorted.

"Zephyr! I'm not old!" Ica crumpled up another napkin and threw it at him. But he caught it and threw it back at her." Both of them started squealing and laughing. Claude shakes his head.

"Hey crazy girl, crazy boy, I'm trying to drive." His wife and son look at him with guilty apologetic faces. Claude sighs but he can't help but smile. "What am I going to do with you two?" When Claude pulls up to the front of the school, Zephyr reluctantly unbuckled his booster seatbelt and opens the door.

"I love you Zephie bears come give your old mum a hug." She said sarcastically making Zephyr laugh.

"Okay mummy, I take it back. You aren't old." Ica unbuckles her seat belt and leans over to wrap her arms around her son. "I love you mummy bears." He gives her a kiss on the cheek. Then he hugs his father. "I love you daddy."

"Love you to son." Replied Claude booping his son's freckled nose. Zephyr's parents watch him hurry into the building, hauling his back pack which is nearly as big as he is.

"I love that boy so much." Said Ica turning to look at her husband. He smiled at her and chuckled.

"We'll, I can see why. He's just like you mon amour. My crazy boy. You'd think I have two children instead of one, the way you were throwing napkins at each other. But he also has your kind heart and beautiful soul." Claude boops her on the nose. "And your freckled nose." Ica giggled.

"Okay, maybe he is a lot like me, but I bet if we had a girl, she would be just like you." Claude looked at Ica with a thoughtful smile and a glint in his eye. She looked back at him suddenly shy.  

"How would you think Zephyr would feel about a little sister?" A baby girl, Esmeralda. Like we said we would name her." Claude lowered his voice. "I mean, I know I'm up in years but we still...you know. So it could happen." Claude smirked and slid his hand around his wife's neck, leaned in and kissed her gently. Ica giggled as she kissed him back.

"Claude, you wily old man." Said Ica pulling away even though she was enjoying her husbands affection. We're still in front of Zephyr's school. Imagine how he'd feel if he saw us...or his classmates saw us. Poor kid would probably die of embarrassment."  Claude chuckled.