The Joys Of Camping

It's 5:30 am on Friday morning and the Bucksaplenty siblings are wide awake, eager to start their weekend. Today they will be going camping for the first time, at the Rock Black camping grounds.

  "Li Li, are mommy and daddy up yet?" Asked Nessie as she began crawling out of bed.

"Um, not sure. But it doesn't sound like."

"Well in that case, we'd better go get them up!" Said Nessie enthusiastically.

"Yeah! Let's go!" Cried Liam.

The Canterfiction Tales

The two siblings raced out of their room and down the hallway, and burst into their parent's bedroom where Sebby and Eima were still sleeping. Yelling with joy, the jumped into their bed and began crawling all over them. They sat up immediately, now fulling awake.

"Time to get up!" Sang Nessie. "We're going camping today!"

"Yeah, so we have to leave early so we can get a good spot!" Piped Liam.

Sebby put his knuckle to his chin. "You know kids, we've been thinking, it's probably best that we wait till next year to go camping, you'll be older. I think you're too little to handle it." He stated matter of fact.

Eima gave him a subtle confused look. But Sebby winked discreetly at her and she understood. Smirking, she played along. "Your father's right kids. It might not be a good idea. Camping is a lot of work. Next year Liam you'll be twelve and Nessie baby, you'll be seven. You'll be much more mature at that age."

The excited looks on their children's faces turned into looks of agonizing disappointment. "But...but I think we're plenty big. Right Li Li?" Said. Nessie, turning to her brother.

"Yeah, we'll be able to handle it."

Sebby shook his head. "Sorry kiddos, you're going to have to wait till next summer."

Liam let out a frustrated puff of air, trying not to be angry with his parents. "Ok. Come on Ness, let's go unpack." Nessie whined but began to follow after her brother.

As they started to slink off the bed, deflated that their plans had been cancelled, both Eima and Sebby grabbed their children

The Joys of Camping

and yanked them back into their arms. Sebby pinned Liam on his back and Eima did the same to Nessie. The tickled them ferociously as they kicked and squealed. Their voices high with childish laughter.

"Of course we're going camping!" Cried Sebby as he let his son up.

"But..but what about not being old enough." Asked Liam, thoroughly confused.

"Well." Began Eima, as she too let go of her daughter. "We were messing with you. Payback for jumping on us and waking us up."

Sebby sniggered and pointed at his children, who were still looking a bit dumbfounded. "You two should have seen the look on your faces! Priceless!" The husband and wife began to laugh out loud while Nessie and Liam gave them pointed looks.

Then Liam threw a cheeky look at his sister and subtly tipped his head toward their rumpled pillows. She smirked and grabbed one of the pillows, Liam doing the same. Before they knew what was coming their children were upon them hitting them with the soft pillows.

"Wh- hey!" Cried Sebby, caught off guard.

Their children cackled as they bombarded their parents with blows from the pillows. Eima tried snatching Liam's but he held on tight and pulled back. Nessie wasn't so lucky as Sebby had managed to swipe the pillow out of his daughter's hand. He now had her and the pillow thrown over her shoulder. She yelled for her brother to come save her so he released his pillow, sending his mother toppling backwards. Then threw himself at his dad, grabbing the pillow and pummeling him with a volley of attacks. Eima also threw herself into the melee. Pretty soon the