The Will You, The I Will, The Sunrise

It's Monday morning, and Eli had hardly gotten any sleep. For four months he has been seeing and older woman named Cliona Frollo-Tremaine. When her twin brother Claude and his family visited Paris, they found out that the two of them were separated at birth. Not wanting to leave her newfound family, Cliona decided to come back to Aurora Oregon with them, to have a fresh start. After settling down in her new home, she hired a thirty one year old landscaper named Eli Deslauriers. During that time, they began to become very fond of each other and soon came to have feelings for one another. Now, four months later, Eli knew that Cliona was the one that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. First, however, he needed to make sure that it was alright with her family. And ask

The Canterfiction Tales

them if it was okay to have her hand in marriage.

Today's the day. Eli thought to himself. I'm so nervous. What if...what if they don't approve of me marrying her. And even if they say yes, what if...she doesn't. Just then, his phone rang. Jolting him out of his thoughts. He reached over and peered at his phone screen. It was his childhood best friend, Ezra. Though Eli moved from Washington D.C. to Oregon about a year ago, the two of them were still very close and often kept in touch. Ezra had been supportive of Eli and Cliona's relationship, even with their age gap. Now that he was calling, it would be the perfect time to tell him his plans. But not only that, but to also let him know that he wanted him to be in the wedding.

He swiped the button to the right and answered. "Hey dude what's up?"

"Hey man. So, I was calling because there is this skateboarding tournament coming up. And I wanted to ask you if you'd want to be my partner. I know you're all thy way over there in Oregon, but get this! We can compete as a team even though we're in different states. See it's a national competition so all we have to do is win all our tournaments. Then we would just have to meet up for the final competition but I'm sure you don't mind flying over for a visit? That way too you can visit your folks and your sister." Finished Ezra. Eli, who was only half listening didn't say anything at first, his mind occupied with proposing to Cliona. "Eli? You there?"

Eli gave his head a quick shake, his locks flying around his face. "Huh? Oh yeah I'm here. So uh...speaking of visits, I was actually wondering if you'd want to come visit me."

Ezra pursed his lips. "Well...I mean, the finals are here in D.C. So, you'd have to come here."

Eli paused before responding. "Actually, that's not the reason I

The Will You, The I Will, The Sunrise

want you to come. As you know, me and Cliona have been dating an-"

"Ah yes, you're mature maiden." Said Ezra, playful mockery in his voice. "How is she? Wait... you two didn't break up did you?"

"What! No! It's... kind of the opposite actually. I love this woman so much. Ezra, I think...no I know she's the one. I'm going to ask her to marry me. Well after I check with her brother and her sister-in-law. I mean, I can't ask her dad because he's...well you know."

Ezra smiled. "Well then, I wouldn't be your best friend if I were to stand in the way of that. I say go for it."

Relieved that his best friend supported him, Eli proceeded to ask him if he would like to be a part of his wedding. "The reason I was asking if you could come visit is that...I want you to be my best man...along with Claude. I mean I couldn't decide. You've been my best friend since elementary school. But then Claude, well he was so accepting of me. He is very protective of his sister yet, he trusts me with her, with her heart, and I'm thankful for that. Personally, I think two best mans are better than one. You know, in case I faint, I have two of you to catch me."