Emory Maise Deslauriers

It was 6:00 a.m. and Eli was awakened by his alarm, letting him know that it was time to get up and go to work. There was an important team meeting that he needed to attend that would be out of town and he needed to leave earlier than usual to get there on time. He sat up and leaned over to kiss his wife gently on the cheek. "Good morning my Queen." He said gently.

Cliona stirred and slowly opened her eyes, smiling at him. "Good morning, my brave Knight." She whispered.

Eli noticed that her face was a bit pale, and she had dark circles under her normally vibrant green eyes. "Are you okay Cli? You look a little drained."

The Canterfiction Tales

"Oh, yes, don't worry about me, I just didn't really sleep well is all. I've just been feeling a little nauseous lately. But I'm sure it will pass." She gave him a half encouraging smile.

Eli looked at her then felt her forehead. "Well, you're not running a fever which is good. Do you need anything since I'm getting up?"

"I could use some water actually." Said Cliona sitting up.

"You got it my Queen. I'll be right back." He bowed dramatically and scurried out of the room. As Eli grabbed a glass from the cupboard and began filling it up, he heard a thump from upstairs. "Cliona?" Immediately he put the half full glass down and hurried upstairs. When he got to the bedroom, he saw his wife on the floor clutching her head. "Cliona!" Eli rushed to her side and cradled her in his arms. Lucifer bounded over to his human mother and vigorously rubbed his cheek on her leg, knowing something was off with her. "What happened? Are you okay?"

"I-I don't know. I got up to go to the bathroom and got very dizzy. Before I knew it I was on the floor."

"Are you hurt?" Eli's face was creased with worry.

"I...don't think so."

"Alright well I'm calling out of work and staying home with you. Now come on, let's get you back into bed." Eli picked his wife up off the floor and carried her back to their bed. "Now let me just call my boss an-"

Cliona gently reached out and slowly lowered her husband's hand that was holding the phone. "Eli, don't call out. Don't you have that meeting today?"

"Yeah but Cli, you fell. What would happen if I wasn't here?

Emory Maisee Deslauriers

You could have hit your head and blacked out and I would have never known."

"Lucifer would have known." She threw him a cheeky look.

"Cli I'm serious." Eli's tone was teetering on desperate.

"Eli, you just got this job, I think you need to be at that meeting. I'll be fine." She gave him a weak smile but there was playfulness in her eyes the vibrancy returning. "Now I'm your queen, and I command you to go get ready for work."

Eli sighed. "Alright but I'm calling your brother to come stay with you. You aren't staying by yourself. If you fall again, I need someone here. And yes, Lucifer is here but I doubt he knows how to call 911 or take you to the doctor." Lucifer gave an indignant meow as if he understood what Eli had said about him. "Sorry little guy, but you and Uncle Claude can watch over mommy together. Just to be extra safe. Deal?" Lucifer padded up to Eli and rubbed his furry cheek on his arm. Cliona watched her husband and cat amused as they had their own little conversation. Eli quickly dialled Claude's phone number. It rang and rang but got nothing but his voicemail. Her husband gave a sigh of frustration.