Touche and Unguard

It's Saturday morning and the Frollo family were on their way to a sword fighting class at Touché Blades.

"This is so exciting!" Squealed Ica, jumping up and down. "I've always wanted to sword fight!"

"Me too!" Piped Zephyr. "Thank goodness I'm finally thirteen."

"Yeah, thirteen and growing up to fast. What happened to my little boy?"

"I grew up!" He said cheerfully.

Claude who was driving glanced at his son in the rear view mirror. "Well son, in our eyes, you'll alway be our little boy. Zephyr just rolled his eyes. "Anyway, when I first told your mum about knowing how to sword fight, she didn't believe me."

Ica looked at her husband. "Okay, I was a little skeptical, but come on babe, you were a little old to be swinging around a sword." Zephyr started snickering in the back seat.

"Well, I started training when I was 17 so, I've been doing it for years." Retorted Claude.

Ica reached up and stroked her husband's thin face. "Alright Claudie bears, I'm sorry." She leaned over and gave him a peck on the cheek.

A small smile began to tug at the corner of his mouth. "I would kiss you back, but I'm driving."

"Thank goodness." Said Zephyr, once again rolling his bright green eyes.

"My, you are starting to get the teenager attitude too. Do you want me to send you to stay a week with meema to fix that attitude?" Ica raised an eyebrow, and pinned him with a mum look. Just then, her phone rang. She looked down to see her mother's profile picture flash on the phone. "Speaking of meema." Cooed Ica smirking at her son.  She answered the phone and put it on speaker. "Hey mum what's up? Oh, by the way your thirteenth year old grandson is giving us attitude. I told him if he doesn't stop, he's spending a week with you."

"Zephyr, are you acting up?" Said Trish.

Zephyr heard that playful sternness in his grandmother's voice.

"Maybe...but just a little!" He added quickly.

"Okay, just remember to behave yourself okay?

"Okay meema."

"Anyway mum, what's going on?"

"Oh, was gonna ask if ya'll wanted to come hiking at Weathernot Trail. Something Shante put together.

"That sounds fun but we're busy today."

"Doing what?"

  "We're going to a sword fighting class." There was a slight pause, and even though Ica couldn't see her, she knew her mother had an opinionated look on her face. "We'll be safe. The instructors will be there."

"Will there be protective gear?" Asked Trish.

Ica bit her lip. "Uhh I don't know probably."

"I don't know Ica. I don't want you getting hurt."

"We won't."

Patricia sighed. "Well okay. You're forty something years old. I can't tell you what to do anymore. Just be careful."

"We will."

"Is your old man going? I don't know if he should be swinging dangerous weapons around."