Take Them- Part 2

(Sorry for the typos)

It's late afternoon and the Frollo family have just had their home ravaged by a group of armed soldiers as a result of their faith as Jehovah's Witnesses. The men tore through their house grabbing literature and demanded they give them the addresses of their friends so they could do the same to them. After refusing, all three were subdued, arrested, and  separated. Now Claude, Ica, and their son Zephyr were being sent to different facilities.

***

"Get out." The man's tone was stern, but he didn't touch Zephyr, who obediently stepped out of the car. "Follow me." The soldier leads the 11 year old boy to a large building, surround by guards. The man nods to one of guard and they let him and Zephyr pass. Once inside they enter a large room filled with about 15 other children.

"Is this another one?" Said the woman standing at the front door. The man nodded.
"These Jehovah's Witness kids don't crack do they?"

"Did you threaten him? What happened with the parents?" Asked the woman glancing down at the eleven year old.

"Well I questioned his parents, but like the rest these Jehovah's, they wouldn't talk, so I had the guys take them away to the jail facilities. But you know we got orders to take all the children, if the parents held information." Zephyr sits quietly, but listens intently to the conversation. "He told me that if let him say a prayer or whatever, he would willingly come with me without a fight but he didn't say a word." The woman pursed her lips.

"I see. Well I'll take it from here." The soldier nods curtly and turns and leaves the room. "Okay, go sit over there with the rest of the children and don't make a commotion or I'll have you removed and taken somewhere where you'll be by yourself. You got that?" Zephyr nods, then turns and walks over to the rest of the children. Right away a blonde haired boy with light green eyes comes to great Zephyr.

"Hi! I'm SJ." He says cheerfully. Zephyr smiles.
"I'm Zephyr."
"How old are you?" Asked SJ.
"I'm eleven."
"I'm twelve." Here, come meet everyone.

Zephyr follows SJ to where the other children are sitting. "Everyone this is Zephyr." All the kids wave. Zephyr could tell that a lot of the kids had been crying, some still were especially the younger ones, who were being comforted by older kids. Others wore sad smiles, but otherwise seemed okay.

"Did they take your mom and dad too?" Asked a dark eyes girl with dark wavy hair. Zephyr's face grows sad and he gives a slow nod.

"Yeah they did."
"I'm sorry." The girl gives him a sympathetic look. My name's Mariah.
"Actually," said SJ. "All of us here were separated from our parents.
"You were?" Zephyr looks around at all the kids. And they all nod.

"Yeah." Said SJ wistfully. "So...did soldiers break into your house as well?" He asked.

"They did. The wanted our literature and then threatened my mum and dad. They wanted them to tell them where all of our friends lived. When they wouldn't the dragged them away."

"A small red haired boy, whose name was Aaron spoke up. "They pushed my daddy on the ground. He told me not to worry, that Jehovah would keep me safe." Tears begin to leak from his light brown eyes. "Then the took him..then they took mommy. And then I was left by myself, until these bad guys came and took me here." Zephyr's heart goes out to Aaron. He walks up to him and gently hugs him.

"That happened to me too." He whispered.
"Zephyr?" Zephyr turns and looks at SJ, who has a few tears in his eyes.
"Yes SJ?"

"Do you think hour parents are okay? My mom, it's just us. My dad isn't in the truth. He left when my mum started studying. She is sick...and they were so rough with her." His lip begins to quiver. Up until now the twelve year boy old seemed so strong and so positive. But now Zephyr sees that he too, is fragile and scared. Zephyr walks up to him and hugs him and he cry's softly.