Hospitality

It's a sunny Sunday morning and the Frollos are just waking up. Today Claude will be giving his first public talk in the West Triangle congregation. After stretching, Ica looked over at her husband, who was laying on his back staring up at the ceiling deep in thought.

"What are you thinking about?" She asked softly.

He turned his head to look at her and smiled. "Just how nervous I am for my talk." He chuckled.

Ica rolled over and took his face in her hands, and kissed him on his pointy nose. "You'll do great." She said as she ran her fingers through his soft gray hair. "I'm very proud of you. And right before you step on stage say a silent prayer."

Claude took her hand hand placed it on his chest. "Well...I'm not even at the Kingdom Hall yet, and my heart is beating kind of fast just thinking about it."

"Here, let me help with that." She leaned in and kissed him softly on the mouth.

Claude smiled and chuckled through the kiss. "Crazy girl, you're making my heart beat even faster."

"Do you want me to stop?" She murmured smugly.

Claude smirked back. "No..." Ica leaned back into kiss him and he pulled her closer to him as she slipped her fingers back into his thin hair, gently stroking his scalp.

"I know this helps relax you." She whispered. All he did was give a hum of approval. Then all of a sudden, they heard the joyful voice of their son followed by him and their dog jumping into their bed, cutting their romantic moment short. Irish and Nixen quickly aroused from their beds and skittered downstairs.

"Time to get up! Papá has his first talk today and we can't be late!" Shouted Zephyr as Roary slobbered over both his human parents.

They both sat up then gave each other knowing looks then eyes their son mischievously. In an instant they grabbed Zephyr in their arms and pinned him to the bed tickling him vigorously. He kicked and squealed but his parents held him tight. Roary gave excited yips as he tried wriggling his way in between them. Eventually Claude and Ica let go of their son, too weak to hold him anymore because of their laughter. The flopped onto their backs with their heads resting on Zephyr's lap.

"You guys are so nutty sometimes!" He chortled down at them.

"Do you want to know a secret son?" Asked Claude lifting his chin a little to see his son's face.

"And what's that Papá?" Said Zephyr fixing his father's bangs, which had became disheveled in their playful tousle.

"You took my nerves away."

Zephyr raised his slanted eyebrows, which were identical to Claude's. "I did?"

Claude sat up and so did Ica, as he took his son into his lap. "I was telling your mum here, how nervous I was for my talk today. But then you came in here and jumped on us and well," Claude gave a quick chuckle. "Made me forget how nervous I was with your silly antics and not to mention you gave me some good pointers, about the villains and heroes."

Zephyr smiled at the recognition his father had just given him and reached up and patted his father's head affectionately. "Oh Papá, you'll be fine. Just say a silent prayer before you step on stage." Claude playfully took Zephyr's head in his hands and turned it an away so he could see into his ear. Zephyr laughed and pushed his father's hands away. "Papá what on earth are you doing?!" He yipped, still laughing.

"Checking to see if you have a little mummy shaped bug in your ear." He said turning his head and checking the other ear. By this time Ica was rolling with laughter. "Your mum said the exact same thing me before you even came in here. So I wanted to see if there was a mum bug in your hear who told you to tell me that."