1.

I tossed and turned for what seemed like hours on end. Unable to shake the feeling that disrupted in my body. I sighed and tossed the cover of the bed off of me. Sitting on the edge of the bed I took my head into my head rubbing my temples from the headache that pounded against my skull. Sucking in the breath I stood up making sure to leave my hand on the bed for leverage. My room smelled of vanilla and smoke. I was never sure where the smoke smell came from but it never went away. Soon it had became part of my room. If it didn't smell like this something just felt off. I looked out the window of my bedroom which also resided in the red keep. The night still pitch black besides a few candles lighting up various windows of houses that resided out of the red keep and into the city. The smell the that overcame the city was all but a pleasant one.

The air reeked of sweat, animals, and many other things. I turned my head from the window with a look of disgust on my face. I could only imagine what the causes of the smell were. Quickly shutting my window, putting the image out of my head. I grabbed a cover up that was draped over a chair before slowly making my way to the door as quietly as possible in case a guard still stood outside my door. Sometimes the guards would leave but sometimes they wouldn't. It took me a awhile but I memorized each guard and if they had stayed or not. I grabbed the handle of my door slowly pulling it open. I popped my head out seeing the hallway clear. Quickly pulling the rest of my body out of the door and shutting it behind me as soft as I could. My feet carried me through the hallways mindlessly wondering in the night trying to erase the feeling that stuck to me. This hadn't been the first time this she hasn't been able to sleep. It's happens most nights.

I sucked my body against the wall when I heard someone's footsteps approaching from around the corner. Hoping not to be seen i pushed herself up against the wall as much as i could. The footsteps continued to grow closer but also grew sloppy. I watched as a boy came into my view, stumbling and whispering incoherent words to himself. The sight of the blonde hair is what caught my attention. "Aegon?" I saw slowly revealing myself from the darkness. Even at the age of 10 I could tell he was drunk. He whipped his head toward me in fright "Oh gods, Visenya. Don't jump out like that" he said clutching at his chest and slurring his words. "I'm sorry, my prince. Would you like help getting to your room?" I asked knowing he would probably fall asleep on the ground somewhere before he made it to his room. Aegon was tolerable when he was in a good mood, but any other time he must just makes rude comments. I learned to ignore them early on.

Aegon shook his head insisting that he would make it on his own. I nodded my head and turned down the hallway he had just came from. Hearing a thud behind me, I turned my head to see Aegon face down on the floor. Sighing I walked back over to him, he grumbles at my presence "Come on let me help you" I say grabbing his arm and throwing it around my shoulder. He continued to grumble but he allowed him to help lift him. Taking as much of his body weight I can handle I started down the hall towards his room. "You gonna need to show me which one is yours" I say and he gave a quick nod before hanging his head low again. I made the turn to go down his corridor when I had made contact with someone else causing me to fall back on the ground with Aegon on top of me. I silently curse myself as I push him off of me and then I looked up to see who had been the cause of my fall.

Another blonde looked down on me "Oh Aemond, thank god" I gave a slight awkward chuckle before standing to my feet. Aemond and I had always gotten along, sometimes we would take walks, other times we would sneak into the dragon pit together. We were the only two left without a dragon, in that much at least we had in common. I dusted off my dress before making eye contact with Aemond "I was just helping him get back to his room" I say pointing at Aegon still on the floor. Aemond looked down at his brother with a disappointed look. I made my way over to Aegon before pulling him up by his arm again. Aemond moving closer swung Aegon other arm around his shoulder. With both of us now carrying him it made it much easier. "Thank you for helping him" I hear Aemond whisper taking me by surprise since he hadn't said anything before now "Always, my prince" I say with a smile. "It didn't seem like he was going to make it on his own" I say with a slight chuckle "I think I would have to agree" He say looking down at his brother clearly drunk.

     We finally stopped in front of what I presume to be Aegon's bedroom. I pushed open the door looking around. He's room was of mostly green which is his mothers house color. It had a king sized bed in the middle of his room making our way over to it we laid him down the bed. Aegon groaned and turned over quickly dismissing us. I scuff a little at his attitude "your welcome" I say with a slight hint of annoyance. I turned to face Aemond who stood watching me with curious eyes. "Why did you help him?" He asked taking me by surprise. Why wouldn't I? We were family and I knew that if anyone has caught him he would've been in trouble. "I was already out walking when I found him" I answered in the most plain way I could.

     "Well let me walk you back. You shouldn't be roaming the castle on your own" Aemond says. Watching him curiously I nodded before making my way out of Aegon's room. We walked in the halls silently until we came to a set of doors that led outside. I looked over at Aemond who was watching me carefully. I walked towards the door and opened them taking in the nights air. A roar echoed from the dragon pit into the air. "Do you ever wish to have one" I ask turning to face Aemond. Me and him were the only 2 Targaryens who hadn't claimed a dragon yet. He sighed and nodded his head "more then anything" he says in confession "Have you ever rode one?" I asked. Occasionally her mom would take her up on Syrax but only one rare occasions. He shook his head "My brother would never take me" he says with a sigh. I nodded in understanding. When I get a dragon he'll be the first person I'll ride with. I had made myself that promise in my head. I'm not sure why but my heart hurt for him. With a brother like that I can't imagine of what all else he had done. But if I have anything to do with it, I would make sure Aemond will get to experience riding a dragon one day. "When I get a dragon, you'll be the first person I ride with" I say taking his hand in mine "that's if you don't beat me to it" I say with a chuckle. Aemond listened to every word "and I the same to you" he says looking me in the eye before giving my hand a squeeze.