𝒊𝒊𝒊. three

༺❦༻

three,
❝ first day!

AFTER DUSTIN DROPPED her off to homeroom, they bid each other goodbye since he was in another one down the hall. she walked in along with other students she recognised last year, but the eyes on her still didn't go away.

dustin told her not to focus on them, possibly the only smart thing he's said all morning.

the chalk board had 'august 28, 2000' written at the very top, and the homeroom teacher was sat on his desk with a guitar, strumming it lightly.

jaizen found a seat in front of anna. she put her bag down and sat, turning around to face her two friends. "hey guys."

they both turned around and anna raised her brows. "we saw you walking with dustin! what's going on? are you two together?" she asked eagerly.

"keep your voice down!" jaizen whispered as anna nodded. "sorry, sorry." she mouthed.

after looking around and seeing no one was paying attention, she continued. "yes, i was walking with dustin, nothing's going on, and no, we're not together! never will be, ann." she shook her head.

"we were trying to find you, because literally like, everyone was staring at me and whispering." maya smiled.

anna nodded long. "yeah and they were eyeing her up and down! definitely in a good way."

jaizen didn't know whether calling maya delusional was rude or just being truthful. who knows, she could be wrong and everyone was indeed praising maya's new look. however, she couldn't help but think they weren't.

it also didn't help that anna was feeding into maya's delusions, and vice versa. but it wasn't jaizen's place to tell them what to believe and what not to.

she only nodded and turned around, letting them have their own conversation like she always had. when all of a sudden, she hears a high pitched, all too familiar voice appear from the desk next to her.

"hey jaizen."

the dark brown haired girl turned her head to see becca and her friend looking at her with overly nice smiles. for fucks sake.

jaizen put up the best fake smile she could muster and started fiddling with her rings, something she did often when she was anxious or annoyed. in this case, both.

"where'd you get your bracelets from? i love them." becca asked sweetly, though in her opinion she was in fact, the opposite of sweet: sour.

"oh, thanks. just from the mall in this little thrift store." she replied, trying her best not to slam her head on the desk.

"oh, how cute! i hope you had a good summer! you look so pretty." becca's friend complimented her.

"ah, thank you, you too." jaizen smiled and then turned to face forward, mentally recovering from that awkward interaction.

"but wait, we saw you walking with dustin earlier." becca teased as they both leaned forward. jaizen took a silent deep breath in and out before plastering on the fake smile again.