𝒙. ten

༺❦༻

ten,
❝ monique!

MONIQUE AWOKE TO the sun seeping through the curtains as it entered her line of vision. she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and looked towards the bedside digital clock which read 7:46 am.

she sat up and stretched, ready to start the day. she looked next to her and yawned, but did a double take when she saw the empty space next to her.

monique furrowed her brows, wondering where jaizen could've went. there was a possibility she was already up, so monique quickly got up and fixed the bed before heading out.

the house was quiet..a little too quiet. monique continued to search for her friend, checking the upstairs rooms first.

lastly, she checked dustin's room. though, she knew dustin slept in mostly on weekends if they didn't have plans, so she would have to be quiet.

she opened his door, expecting to see dustin sprawled out on his bed.

however, it was also empty. she looked at his bed which wasn't made and his room that looked the same as it always did. but dustin was nowhere to be found.

okay, what the fuck?

she then decided to search downstairs. she was starting to get a little anxious, because surely they would've left a note or told her before going somewhere?

she made her way to the kitchen, not seeing the two anywhere. she checked the downstairs bathroom and laundry room- still, nothing.

lastly, she walked into the living room. however, she didn't need to dart her eyes all over the room this time, because something caught her eye instantly.

"no. fucking. way." she whispered before quietly speeding to the kitchen and jumping around, "no fucking way!" she whisper shouted this time with the biggest smile on her face.

she didn't think twice before running upstairs to dustin's room and making a bee line towards one of his desk drawers. once she found the familiar white and black square shaped object, she headed back to the adorable scene.

she stood in front of L shaped couch, kicking the pillow on the floor away so she could, and brought up the polaroid, making sure the flash was off because she wasn't stupid and there was no way she'd disturb this moment.

she pressed the button, hearing the familiar click. soon, a piece of paper appeared from the bottom. she took it and waved it in the air, waiting for the picture to develop.

once it did, her smile only grew. she could use it for blackmail purposes, but also for the memories and her pride in being a double agent for operation 'get jaizen and dustin together'.

the plain black film finally morphed into the picture she captured. it was dustin and jaizen sleeping peacefully on the couch, with his arm lazily draped around her and their legs basically tangled within each others.

unfortunately, the universe decided to interrupt whatever sentimental moment this was by dustin's phone ringing obnoxiously upstairs.

jaizen stirred a little in her sleep, causing her to panic. monique sprinted upstairs to answer the phone, wondering who the hell is calling dustin at almost eight in the morning. with all the running she was doing around the house she deserved a golden medal.