𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. eight

༺❦༻

eight,
❝ miranda!

THE NEXT MORNING, jaizen was doing some last minute fixes to her hair before she had to go downstairs. she had around ten minutes before dustin would be outside her house.

usually, she would dread school mornings and wished that time would slow down. however, the fact that dustin was waiting outside for her today made her feel a little more motivated to get ready.

she wore slightly baggy jeans, a graphic tee which she tied into a knot at the front and her jordan high tops. she had her hair in two sectioned pigtails at the front, leaving the rest of her hair down. she also added some star clips ( courtesy of monique insisting she wear them ).

after she finished getting all her accessories on, she grabbed her school bag and headed downstairs, her parents usual arguing being more audible.

you'd think that they'd run out of things to argue about, but you'd be wrong.

her parents were arguing in the hallway, so she quickly slipped past them and entered the kitchen. she noticed a breakfast tray that contained waffles and fruits, along with two empty coffee mugs and water brewing.

she helped herself to a waffle, looking up at her parents who still didn't acknowledge her.

"what do you mean you're leaving for a business trip today?!"

"it's out of my control!"

"that's so sudden! have you even considered my feelings about this?!"

hypocrite. she rolled her eyes, wanting them to consider their own child's feelings for a change.

however, her dad leaving for business means one less problem in their house. it means no more arguing for at least a couple days.

thank fuck.

suddenly, she thought of an idea. she saw the sugar jar open and grabbed the salt from the counter behind her. she looked up to see her parents not paying attention and grinned, "i'm putting salt in the sugar!"

still, they kept on arguing- it was like they completely blocked out her entire existence. ouch.

she shook her head. "oh well." she put majority of the salt in the sugar jar for their coffees. after that, she left everything exactly where it was before, quietly exiting the kitchen and towards the front door.

she checked the clock on the wall, seeing it was a couple minutes till eight am. she went to the door and looked through the peep hole.

she smiled when she saw dustin leaning against the brick wall that was attached to her house gate. she looked behind her quickly, seeing her mother sit down and start putting 'sugar' in her coffee- the perfect time for her to leave.

maybe they'll finally pay attention to me.

she opened the front door and slipped out, letting the morning breeze hit her skin. once dustin heard the door open, he looked up to see jaizen closing and locking it in a rush.

he stood up properly and raised his brows. "well someone's in a hurry to see me." he grinned, watching jaizen approach him.

she scoffed jokingly. "you wish."