𝒙𝒊. eleven

༺❦༻

eleven,
❝ the mall!

DUSTIN AND BRANDT walked through the entrance of the mall, being greeted with the sounds of people bustling about. it was around lunch, so the mall was quite busy as expected.

"-and she hung up on me when i told her she was being difficult, like bro, you need to sort her out." brandt shook his head, telling dustin about the phone call earlier.

dustin laughed, "man, it's monique, what do you expect? i don't have to sort out anything 'cause it ain't my fault she hates your ass."

"whatever..but speaking of hate, how's you and diaz? she warming up to you?" he smirked.

dustin got abrupt flashbacks to him waking up to her back against his chest and their legs intertwined. he managed to keep a straight face on, despite him mentally freaking out. it's not everyday he wakes up to him cuddling with his crush.

"yeah, i guess you can say that." he shrugged.

"okay..and? there's gotta be more than that. i heard that one time in school you stood up for her and becca was pissed." he grinned, nudging him teasingly, "i've never seen you stand up for any girl, so why only diaz?"

dustin rolled his eyes, "if i tell you will you shut up about it?"

"maybe." he shrugged, still showing the same grin.

dustin raised his brows at his best friend before laughing, "fine..so what if i told you i have a thing for her-"

"i knew it!" brandt exclaimed, smiling widely.

dustin looked at him, dumbfounded. "how the fuck did you..?" he trailed off in surprise.

the dirty blond laughed, "dude, i knew the second you basically slammed your locker when i started complimenting her over heather. you were jealous, man."

dustin looked away and rubbed the back of his neck, not knowing how obvious it was. the more he looked back on it, the more he realised his feelings towards her weren't so discreet as he thought.

"don't worry bro, you're little secret is safe with me." brandt chuckled.

AFTER GOING TO the arcade and getting drinks from a nearby fast food place, dustin thought the two were aimlessly walking around, however, brant was secretly leading dustin towards a meet up spot he and another boy had planned.

they were on the second floor of the mall, and not many people were walking around since it was mostly clothes and accessory stores. from up ahead, brandt spotted a familiar brown haired boy sitting on a bench. when the boy saw brandt and dustin, he got up and started walking towards them, the nerves bubbling up inside him.

brandt slowed to a stop with dustin following along. he looked at dustin with a straight face, "you trust me, right?"

dustin gave him a skeptical look, "what did you do?"

before brandt had the chance to answer, alex had stopped in front of them with his hands in his pockets. dustin turned his head and made eye contact with him, slightly taken back at his sudden appearance.