𝒊𝒗. four

༺❦༻

four,
❝ first day!

THE CHOSEN SPORT was baseball. except, there was no bats. or gloves. or even an actual baseball. they used a plastic red ball as a substitute for the baseball and the 'batter' would try to kick it far away instead. according to the teacher, this was due to a gruesome incident when the bat slipped out of a students hand and concussed another person.

the teacher obnoxiously blew her whistle, gaining everyone's attention ( and a few complaints ) immediately. "alright, i'm going to select fielders for each plate!" she scanned her class and one by one started to pick out the fielders.

dustin told jaizen to stay close to him, and the only reason she agreed was because she didn't want to be near maya and anna after the whole incident earlier. she thought it was another one of his stupid flirting methods, but he genuinely didn't want her to feel any more stressed than she already was.

jaizen tried her best to focus on the teacher who was picking out fielders, but she felt uncomfortable after noticing maya giving her judgmental looks. she awkwardly shifted back and forth on her feet, trying to ignore it.

unexpectedly, she felt dustin swiftly move her away, so that the two swapped places. whilst doing so, jaizen saw him send a not-so-discreet glare towards maya. however, maya and anna took it the wrong way and were now quietly admiring the fact that he looked at them. typical.

jaizen put a hand on his shoulder, making him turn his head and focus on her instead. she gave him a small smile to which he returned with a simple nod.

actions speak louder than words.

she realised that she was now in between dustin and brandt. the dirty blond noticed the sudden switch and raised his brows at the brown haired girl now standing next to him. "hey diaz."

jaizen refused to look up at him and crossed her arms. "hey jackson." she replied with no emotion, not particularly wanting to converse with the person who had also taunted her last year.

"ooh, cold shoulder, alright. i was just gonna say i'm sorry for what i did last year." he put his hands up in defence.

"okay, well, i don't forgive you." she told him simply, not once sparing him a glance.

"yeah whatever, you don't have to." he shrugged, turning around to have a conversation with alex.

what. the. fuck.

that caught jaizen completely off guard. she was surprised that he didn't say some snarky remark back. then it dawned on her that it was clearly because of her glow up, because usually brandt wouldn't be this nice to her. pretty privilege strikes again.

"...and second base fielder will be dustin, alice will be first base fielder and then.." she scanned the left over people and smiled in contempt when her gaze landed on a girl called sarah.

"and sarah will be the pitcher! now, everyone, get into your positions!" she blew her whistle again as jaizen covered her ears, already feeling a headache formulating.

all the students were about to go to their positions when suddenly sarah gasped, "miss i can't be pitcher! what if i get hit in the face by that ball? my parents would sue."