𝒊𝒙. nine

༺❦༻

nine,
❝ miranda!

DUSTIN WAS SAT on a chair situated next to his bed, where a certain dark haired girl had been resting. the moment monique told him what happened, his mind was clouded with resentment and concern.

from behind him, monique was leaning against the wall and observing him. she had a water bottle in her hand, dehydrated from all the running and lifting she had to do. nonetheless, she didn't mind considering jaizen was her best friend.

she knew dustin was equally as worried, seeing his anxious habits like fidgeting with the hem of his shirt and his leg bouncing up and down. she knew he cared deeply about her, something that she grew to be proud of ever since she found out the boy giving jaizen 'mixed feelings' was dustin, and the girl dustin had been talking about the majority of summer was jaizen.

"i swear i'm so close to going over there and beating their fucking asses." dustin broke the silence, his eyes not leaving her in case something happens.

"mhm, i was about to but she stopped me. she's a better person than me, i would've gladly started swinging." she chuckled slightly and went closer to him, putting a hand on his shoulder. "she's got a good heart. makes me wonder why you did what you did last year."

"oh..she told you, huh?"

"yeah.." she frowned.

dustin nodded his head slightly but didn't continue the topic, not wanting to discuss it at the moment. "so, you think she'll be okay?"

monique smiled a little, "yeah, she should be. she just had a mental breakdown, and i guess her running didn't help her breathing so she passed out."

dustin nodded. "what did they even say?"

"it's not my business to tell, since it's personal to her. she can tell you if she wants when she wakes up." monique patted his shoulder. "i'm gonna go get some cold water for her, it shouldn't be too long before she does anyway." she informed before exiting the room and shutting the door quietly.

when hearing the door click shut and monique's footsteps becoming more faint, he leaned forward and started gently fiddling with the rings on her fingers. he admired each one, making a mental note of the consistent patterns and colours.

his mind was all over the place, but one thing he knew for certain was that he despised maya ishii-peters and anna kone.

A COUPLE MINUTES later, dustin saw her stirring slightly which caused him to sit up straight immediately. he saw jaizen slowly regain consciousness and her eyelids fluttering open.

"oh thank fuck, zen." dustin let out a breath of relief, getting up and opening the door. "mona, she's awake!"

jaizen rubbed her eyes and slowly sat up. she furrowed her brows, "dustin? what- why are you here? where am i?" she asked, taking a second to fully process the unfamiliar surroundings.

dustin sat back on the chair, but before he could reply, the door burst opened and in came monique who had a relieved smile on her face upon seeing her best friend awake and well.

"zen! thank goodness you're okay hun." she dropped the water bottles in dustin's lap and instantly made her way to the girl, engulfing her in a tight hug. "you had me sweating like a sinner in church!- so glad you're awake."