𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊. seventeen

༺❦༻

seventeen,
❝ AIM!

JAIZEN AND MONIQUE were currently sat by monique's desk, on her computer. they both managed to log into AIM and make their own screen names- which monique was very proud of.

"okay but i'm literally a genius, c'mon, you gotta admit it." monique grinned, "like, my nickname's mona, then there's the mona lisa spelt with the one, then there's isa which is my middle name shortened."

jaizen listened to her ramble on about her amazing screen name with a broad smile. she then nodded, "it is very genius of you, mona."

"see, this is why you're my bae for real. showing me the appreciation i deserve." monique sighed dramatically, earning a laugh from jaizen.

the two looked at the screen, displaying jaizen's account. she reached into her backpack and pulled out a notepad. she opened it to the bookmark and saw dustin, alex, and brandt's screen names she took note of in school.

AIM screen names :)
dustin: yoitsdustin
alex: hockey00
brandt: soccerBALLS91

peering over jaizen's shoulder, the two let a small laugh out once they remembered brandt's screen name. "typical." monique rolled her eyes with a grin.

jaizen placed it on the desk and started typing in their screen names and adding them. almost instantly, the three accepted one after the other. after that, the two switched seats so monique could log into her account.

once she did, she opened a chat with brandt and started typing.

mona1isa: whoever told u ur sn was funny severely lied to ur face
soccerBALLS91: Don't lie u definitely laughed
mona1isa: loser
soccerBALLS91: Urs is named after a decaying painting stfu???
mona1isa: and it's very genius of me
soccerBALLS91: Loser

"i hope his computer crashes." monique mumbled after reading his response. from the corner of her eye, she spotted jaizen sitting there with the biggest grin ever.

monique shook her head with a disgusted expression, "oh absolutely not- wipe that grin off of your face zen."

"what? i was just trying not to laugh at you guys' teasings." she shrugged, avoiding eye contact.

"bullshit."

"THERES NO WAY you're going to ask jaizen to the dance through AIM?!"

"well why not?"

immediately after dustin said that, he was bombarded with alex, brandt, and spencer's voices all at once. he had to move the phone away from his ear for a second because the sudden chaos took him off guard.

"damn, calm your asses down!" he exclaimed into the phone, sitting up from his desk chair slightly once his friends stopped talking over one another. he sighed, "alex, why not?"

"because girls like when you ask them straight up, man. anyway, don't you guys literally walk together before 'n after school? do it then." alex suggested almost like it was the simplest thing in the world to just ask her up front.

to dustin, it wasn't.

"yeah, i'm with alex on this one- don't be a pussy." brandt laughed as dustin rolled his eyes.

"yeah yeah, whatever. spencer, what do you think?" dustin asked.

"listen man, 'ion know shit about girls. but alex is right, and i'm sure she'll definitely go with you. you two have been very close lately." spencer assured, making dustin feel persuaded enough to take alex's advice. though, he let a small smile grow on his face at his last couple words. they have no idea.

"besides, you got until friday, it's fine dude." alex spoke, the other two boys agreeing.

whilst the three indulged in their own conversation, dustin looked up at his computer, showing him and jaizen's chat. he blankly stared at the unsent message he typed in contemplation.

Yk abt the dance on friday, do u wanna go with me? Only if u want to

he was ashamed to say he re-typed that question a couple of times, trying not to sound as awkward as it seemed. he didn't know why he was getting so nervous- it wasn't like it was prom or anything fancy. just a school dance. not that serious..

truthfully, the only reason he wanted to ask at seven in the evening, was because he was worried that maybe some other guy had already asked before him and she accepted.

of course, monique taught him a thing or two about asking in advance. he knew that at least.

"aight, i think i'm gonna head out. see you guys at school tomorrow." dustin informed his friends, not even waiting for a reply before hanging up.

he then held down backspace, erasing the message he was about to send. instead, he typed a new one in its place.

JAIZEN PATIENTLY WAITED for dustin's response back. when she heard the familiar sound alert for a new message, she looked at her screen to find a new message from him.

yoitsdustin: Sorry ma, i gotta go. Try get some sleep 2night ok?
yoitsdustin: If u come out ur house all tired n shit i'm sending ur ass back inside to sleep idc

jaizen was grateful they weren't chatting over the phone like they normally would, because she wouldn't have known how to react and would've definitely make a fool out of herself.

but now? she gets to react in any way she pleases since she was behind a screen this time. and the way she got a little flustered by that single message is embarrassing in itself.

but it was cute how much he cared, she had to admit.

jaizen typed a goodnight message back before logging off, yawning whilst doing so. recently, she had been getting better sleep. but she knew that nothing compared to that one night where dustin slept next to her, resulting to her getting probably the best sleep she's had in a long time. was it weird she longed for that again?

ׅ𖥔 ۫ iloveblondead speaks ! ⋄ 𓍯

i'm gonna act like i didn't
just leave and not update for
a whole month😍... anyways i'm
back with another chapter !!!

they're so cute🥹 i want what they
have like asap like right fucking now

+ don't forget to keep commenting
& voting bc it lets me know ur
enjoying ! again, tysm for reading
baes🫶🏼 sorry for the long ass wait lol

༺❦༻