𝒗𝒊𝒊. seven

༺❦༻

seven,
❝ miranda!

"YOUR'E SO ANNOYINGLY stubborn, you know that right?"

"yeah, but i know you love it."

"do i? no, i don't think i do."

when the two eventually made it to jaizen's street, she insisted on dustin leaving her and walking to his house since it was getting late. plus, he had done enough for her already and she felt bad that he had to walk an extra mile or so.

jaizen looked at her driveway in the distance, seeing it empty, meaning her parents were still at work. she smiled in relief, which dustin noticed.

"what's got you all smiley?" he teased.

she forced the overly wide smile to go away, not wanting dustin to find out about how depressing it was for her to always hope her parents weren't around.

"oh, i'm just happy to finally be home. i'm so tired from today." she half lied.

dustin nodded as they approached her house. it wasn't anything fancy, but dustin couldn't even recognise it from last year. it was a fairly modern two story house with a concrete driveway and garage.

"woah, did you renovate your house last year?" he asked, gazing at the sleek exterior.

"yeah we did." she replied as the two stopped just outside the front.

"yeah no shit, it looks nice as hell." he complimented and removed his arm around her so she could face him.

"thanks for walking me home." she smiled, adjusting her bag, "you sure you'll be fine by yourself?"

"yeah for sure, and don't even mention it. tomorrow we can even walk together if you want, unless anna's mom is taking you?"

"nah, i don't think i can handle another car ride with them." she chuckled, "and yeah, we can walk together sure."

dustin nodded, but before he could reply, jaizen stepped forward and hugged him. due to the height difference, he had to lean down slightly, however he didn't mind. not at all.

he wrapped his arm around her waist and smiled, his heart beating like crazy. jaizen was also freaking out on the inside, but she really missed his hugs. she needed one.

"thanks for today, dustin, i appreciate it." she told him, wanting to hug for just a little bit longer.

"you say thank you a lot." he chuckled.

"because i really mean it, duh." they both smiled.

after that, they broke apart from the hug, secretly missing each other's warmth. "oh, wait, before i forget.." she reached into her pocket and pulled out a pen. "give me your arm."

dustin pulled a confused face, but nonetheless he held his arm out. jaizen put her hand on his wrist gently so he would keep still whilst she wrote something down. dustin tried to get a look of what she was writing, but couldn't because she was blocking it.

once she was done, she looked up at him with a grin. "call me when you get home so i know you're safe, okay?" she told him before walking towards her house and entering inside.