𝒙𝒊𝒙. nineteen

༺❦༻

nineteen,
❝ unexpected!

THE SOUND OF very muffled talking was what made jaizen slowly awake from her much needed slumber. she fluttered her eyes open and rubbed her eyes, yawning in the process. it took her a couple seconds to register her surroundings and fully wake up, but when she did, she realised how better and more energised she felt.

however, something was off. and no, it wasn't the fact that she noticed it was dark outside and she had in fact slept for hours. was my pillow always this stiff?

almost like someone flipped a switch in her brain, she noticed that her head was laid on dustin's chest with his arm wrapped around her shoulder, and her legs tangled within his. suddenly, the vivid memory of dustin entering her room flooded her mind, making her jaw drop a little and leaving her flustered.

she slowly and carefully got up, gently moving dustin's arms and replacing her body with a pillow. she looked at her clock by her nightstand, reading the big red numbers: 7:41pm. she slept throughout the whole day.

wow.

without thinking, she looked at dustin peacefully sleeping on her bed and placed a light kiss on his forhead. she looked at it as a silent way of her being extremely grateful for him and the fact that he stayed with her at one of her lowest.

she would've stayed in bed cuddled up with dustin a little longer, but the sound of people talking downstairs piqued her interest as she reluctantly made her way out of bed and towards her door. she was thankful for whoever put her lamp on so she could see where she was going at least.

before she planned to exit though, she grabbed a random hoodie from her closet and put it on, trying to feel the warmth she felt prior.

minding the sleeping boy, she quietly opened her door and quickly slipped out, closing it behind her. once she was in the hallway, the voided became much more clearer. she expected it to be her parents, but she was surprised to hear her mother's voice and another unknown voice.

quietly walking down the stairs, she followed the two voices until that led her to the kitchen. she purposefully made her footsteps slightly louder so she wouldn't scare whoever it was in there.

she took note of how the conversation died down instantly due to her presence being known. upon emerging from the entrance of the kitchen and showing herself, she was shocked to see her mother and another woman sitting at the dining table. the two women stopped and turned their heads to face jaizen who awkwardly stood there.

"jaizen! i'm glad you're awake, sweetheart. how did you sleep? did you sleep okay?" her mother questioned whilst holding a cup of tea.

jaizen didn't fail to witness the quick shared looks between her mother and the woman. she assumed her mother, or even both, had seen her...cuddling with dustin. oh shit.

motherless, she withheld her flustered state and prayed with every fibre of her being that her cheeks weren't a bright shade of pink. "yeah," she cleared her throat, "yeah, i feel better now."

but i wouldn't need to if it wasn't for you and dad.

her mother nodded with a soft smile, "thank goodness. now come over here, i want you to meet someone." she waved her hand towards them.