Chapter 1

Astrid's POV Weeks Later

Hiccup ran away a few weeks ago but to Berk they think he was killed. Stoick never did find the dragon's nest but last week the raids stopped for good. No one knows why. Stoick is a mess: he has bags under his eyes and he lost a lot of weight. He doesn't come out of his house much. Hiccup and I write all the time using a Terrible Terror but I stopped getting letters last week when the raids ended.

Hiccup's POV

Toothless helped me off the bed and walked me over to the forge I installed next to my house. Last week I finally decided to take on the Red Death the queen of the nest and defeated her. I lost my leg in the process but Toothless swam us home somehow. After I few hours I attached my new leg and walked around for a bit. I put on my dragon scale cloak and climbed on Toothless after strapping on the new saddle.

"Come on. I need to tell Astrid I'm okay." I murmured.

Might I advise that going back to Berk is very dangerous.

"Yeah yeah. This is important." I insisted.

Ooooookaaaaaaaay.

Toothless taught me dragonease so I can talk to him properly. He took off and flew around the back side of Berk. I tossed a piece of paper into Astrid's room and we raced to the cove.

Astrid's POV

A balled up piece of paper landed on my floor in my room.

"What the?" I asked myself.

I looked around to make sure no one was around and picked up the note. I flattened it on my desk and read it:

Cove. Come alone.

I picked up my axe and jumped out the window racing for the cove. I reached the shield signaling the entrance and crawled underneath. I took a good look around to see no one there.

"Hello?" I called out. "I came alone."

A black dragon landed in front of me. A small figure wearing a black cloak and a metal peg leg slid off leaving the dragon specifically a Night Fury to head to the pond.

"I had to make sure no one followed you." The boy said.

"Who are you?" I asked looking closer at the Night Fury recognizing the work on the prosthetic tailfin.

"It's me Astrid." The boy pulled down his hood.

Hiccup's POV

I pulled down my hood revealing my face.

"Oh my gods what happened?!" She demanded giving me a quick hug.

"I defeated the Red Death. Toothless managed to swim back to my island. That's why I stopped writing and I had to tell you in person." I explained.

"Your father is a mess." Astrid murmured.

"He's not my father!" I snapped. "He never listened! He never cared!"

Astrid stared at me dumbfounded.

I called Toothless and climbed on pulling my hood up, "I have to go."

Hiccup...

"Come on Toothless." I murmured and he took off leaving Astrid with a sad expression.