Chapter 14

Astrid's POV

Stormfly broke the cloud layer to be face to face with the early morning sun. I took a good look around noticing a few Timberjacks and the Night Fury I was looking for.

"Hiccup!" I yelled as Stormfly raced to catch up to him.

Hiccup's POV

"Do you think she's following us bud?" I asked him.

Take a-

"Hiccup!" I heard someone yell from behind me.

I turned around to see Astrid catching up with us. Toothless spun around so we were face to face.

"What the hell?!" She yelled catching her breath. "You disappear for two years and then you dive past me without saying a word!"

"They do call me the mysterious rider." I replied.

"You didn't say goodbye!!!!!" She shouted.

I lowered my head, "I know but it's best for me and for everyone if I don't get too attached. Last time that happened, I lost my family..."

Mine too...

Even though Astrid couldn't understand what Toothless said she heard him whimper.

"I came to check on Berk. See how things are." I said.

"Well come on then!" Stormfly sped off.

I kept my mask on and we soon landed in the plaza in front of the forge.

"The rider is here!" Stoick announced walking out of the forge. "Good to see you! What brings you here?!"

"I uh came to see how things are." I replied nervously.

Gobber came out, "Nice to finally meet ya! That's a nice piece of work you got there!" He pointed to my peg leg.

I put my helmet in the compartment in the saddle.

"Thanks I guess. It's designed for my dragon's tail only. It's pretty cool I'll have to show you how it works sometime." I shrugged rubbing Toothless's head.

That Night

A Terrible Terror squaks outside of Astrid's window. Toothless perked his head up and unraveled his wing so I could crawl up to the window.

"What is it?" I whispered.

The other rider with the Stormcutter is back! It's at a glacier trying to break out dragons from the trappers! Looks like it needs help!

"How far out?" I murmured to Sharpshot.

About 30 minutes.

I stood up and wrote Astrid a note saying I'd be back soon. I climbed on Toothless and he shot out the window so Sharpshot could lead us. After around thirty minutes a huge glacier glistened in the moonlight. I put on my helmet and I flew around the glacier spotting the ride on the south side releasing a dragon. Some men began attacking the rider but it fought them off. The Stormcutter landed next to the rider and was defending it and releasing the other dragons.

Toothless dove piercing the wind with a whistle and fired a plasma blast at a trap. The rider looked up and fought harder. Toothless and I helped release the dragons and flew off back to Berk.