Chapter 15

Hiccup's POV

I got back at sunrise and slithered through the window letting Toothless wrap me with his wing after I grabbed the note stuffing it in my pocket. I closed my eyes just as Astrid was stirring.

"Hiccup?" Astrid murmured.

Toothless unwrapped his wing and I turned to face her, "Yeah I'm here."

"How'd you sleep?" She stretched and put on her typical outfit.

"I honestly miss my bed back at my island." I replied still sitting on the ground.

She looked closer at me.

"Why is there ash on your face? And why's there a cut on your eyebrow? It'll need stitches." She kneeled down and grabbed the med kit from under he bed beginning to work on my eyebrow.

Oops.

"Um well. I was...out...doing my usual business. Um you know bringing peace to the world." I replied my voice shaking a little.

She stuck the needle in eyebrow.

"Ouch!" I cried out.

She finished my eyebrow, "Uh-huh. Come on let's go. Your dad said he wanted help in the forge before you disappeared again." She wiped my face and stared into my eyes.

I blinked.

"Two years ago in the arena you uh...you um...uhhhh..." I trailed off.

She kissed me on the lips again. She pulled away and together we headed over to the forge with our dragons.

"Hey chief!" I called out. "Astrid said you needed my help today before I leave again!"

Gobber poked his head out, "Stoick's busy but I could use someone with your craftsmenship for the day. I wanna take a look at that leg of yours first though."

I sat down and took off the prosthetic leg handing it to him.

"Mighty fine work here. Did you do this yourself?" He asked me.

"Yeah I did." I took the leg back from him and put it on.

"Do you know how to make saddles?" He asked me.

I went over to the tools and grabbed some.

"Pssh you're talking to the person who made Toothless a prosthetic tailfin and a saddle to go with it." I began working on a few saddles.

As we worked Gobber and I talked as if we were old pals. It broke my heart he has no idea who I was.

"So where did you learn to make such fine saddles? And that leg?" Gobber wondered.

"I learned from a friend on a different island. He was much like you in fact. But I quickly learned how to do things on my own." I finished a saddle and handed it off to a viking waiting.

"Thank you rider!" The viking ran off with the saddle.

I turned and tripped into another room. I looked to see I was in my back office.

"You okay lad?" Gobber peered through the curtain.

"Yeah what is this?" I asked him lying through my teeth.

"Oh my apprentice Hiccup disappeared when he was fifteen. This was his office. His work looks just like yours. But he's dead now." Gobber answered.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that." I murmured.

Gobber squeezed me in a hug after realizing who I was, "Nice to see ya lad!"

"Just don't tell anyone who I am." I murmured.

He nodded and pulled away and we got back to work.