Chapter 8

Hiccup's POV A Year Later (Hiccup is 16 now)

Toothless nudged me, Come on. Time for training!

"Gimme a sec Toothless jeez!" I whined rolling over.

He picked me up off the bed dropping me on the ground, Can't be late!

I got dressed quickly and ran down to the training clearing. Aurora was already there.

Today we're going to work on you being chased and the chaser.

I nodded.

Ready yourself. Remember, do not let the others catch. Throw off your scent, do anything you can to get away from them. They touch you, game over.

I took off into the forest running in zig zags and back pedaling. I climbed trees and jumped from tree to tree landing back on the ground later to take off running again. I took out a small bundle of dragon nip and threw it on the ground behind me knowing the Night Furies would smell it. After what seems like all day Aurora jumped down in front of me.

You have done well. Come let's get something to eat.

The younger Night Furies go out with some of the older ones and hunt in the rivers and streams of the island. All the food is piled up in a huge open area and we eat together, as a family. This island is more of a family then my father ever was. I stopped writing letters to Astrid because Aurora said it could endanger their location. I haven't left the island in a little while only to go for flights and convince other islands that dragons are good. I'm getting taller and stronger thanks to the training.

Toothless grabbed some fish for us from the pile cooking mine and we sat down at the outside of the circle leaning on a tree. Most of the Night Furies like me it's just some think I shouldn't be here and they glare at me when I eat sometimes.

"You know Toothless, I really like it here. You're not alone anymore I'm not really alone. Life is good. Right here." I said muffled a little.

I agree but neither of us were never really alone, we had each other. It is nice to know that I'm not the last of my kind.

Toothless and I talked all evening and eventually went out for our evening flight. Aurora won't let us stray too far because she fears someone will find their island. After a while Toothless turned around heading back to the island.

ROOOOOOAAAAAAR!

"Aurora!" I shouted.

Toothless sped up reaching to the island to find it in flames, Night Furies lay everywhere dead or dying. I sunk in the saddle.

"No..." I whispered.

Go Hiccup! You can't stay here!

"But Aurora...." I finally spotted her on the shore fighting off a few men.

I said GO!

She roared in pain as a man stuck a knife in her heart.

"NOOOOOO!" I screamed.

Come on Hiccup, we'll be killed if we stay...

Toothless turned around flying far away from the family I had. I laid back on the saddle letting the tears come.

"I'm sorry bud..."