Chapter 4

Hiccup's POV

I woke up and ate a quick breakfast as Toothless and I had a big day. Today we start changing the world for good. I put on my cloak and strapped on the saddle.

"Let's go bud. First stop, Meathead Islands." I instructed.

Toothless took off towards the islands and a few hours later he landed on the docks. Wow, we didn't get shot down. My hood was up and I was met by Mogadon himself.

"You're the mysterious rider who defeated the Red Death!" He exclaimed. "I must say it is on honor to have you here but why ride dragons?!"

"I believe that dragons can bring people together. That's actually what I came to talk to you about." I answered.

"Let's talk at the Great Hall." Mogadon replied leading us to the hall. "Please sit. CLEAR THE ROOM!"

The villagers left the hall leaving Mogadon and me to talk.

"My goal is to have every island at peace with the dragons. Are you willing to do it?" I simply stated.

"I am. It's the village that I'm concerned about." He answered.

"Let's get started." I responded standing up and walking out with Toothless.

Mogadon led me into the forest and I did a wild dragon call. A few Nadders landed in front of us.

"Don't be alarmed when I speak to them." I instructed and walked forward. "This village will not hurt you. You just have to show them you won't hurt them either." I told the dragons.

To Mogadon it sounded like a bunch of growls and clicks. The dark green Nadder stepped forward closer to Mogadon.

I like this one

"Reach out your hand." I ordered the chief.

He slowly reached out his hand and the Nadder touched his head into his palm.

My name is Forest.

"He said his name is forest. Now if you show your village they can be trusted then they will trust them too." I explained.

"Are you willing to stay a few days to help us?" Mogadon patted the dragon's nose looking to me.

"Of course." I replied.

For the next few days Toothless and I helped the Meathead tribe train dragons and teach the blacksmith how to make different saddles. Toothless helped the dragons understand their new riders while I did the same for the riders. It was a lot of hard work but we manage to accomplish so much in a short amount of time. The village respected my privacy and didn't bother me on why I kept the hood of my cloak up. Surprisingly the village understood a lot about the dragons and understood my reasoning. When it was time to go the whole village came to say goodbye to me at the docks.

"Where will you go next?" Mogadon asked me.

"I don't know. Berk maybe. I haven't decided." I shrugged my shoulders.

It's too dangerous.

"I have to try." I whispered in dragonease.

"I heard that place is a ghost town. Ever since the chief's son, Hiccup disappeared it hasn't been the same. It only perked up a little when they heard the heroic story of you. Be careful rider." Mogadon shook my hand before I climbed on Toothless and we took off.

"We're going bud. We have to. If it's a ghost town, we need to liven it up." I explained.

I know, I feel bad too.