Chapter 9

Hiccup's POV 2 Years Later (18 yrs old)

Toothless and I went back to our original island after the Night Furies were attacked. He's definitely the last one now. He continued my training after we both had our fair share of tears that night. I'm taller and faster and my hair got darker. The only family I have is Toothless now. After the attack I found out it was Dagur the Deranged and his tribe who attacked that island. Ever since I've been sneaking onto his island spying on him and attacking his ships out on the sea at night. I still haven't written back to Astrid. She probably thinks I'm dead now.

"Come on bud. Let's go to Berk." I saddled him up and climbed on.

He took off for Berk and landed in the cove a few hours later.

"I need to talk to Astrid. You stay here, I'll call if I need you." I climbed out of the cove and put my hood up crossing my arms I trekked into the forest.

Be safe!

I reached the edge of the village to see it live with activity. Dragons roamed freely and some vikings were riding them. I smiled, Berk is at peace. I went around the back until I saw Astrid's house. I climbed up the outside wall and peered in her window. She was at her desk staring at the Book of Dragons. I quietly climbed into her room and stood behind her.

I crossed my arms and gave a small cough. She jumped but turned around slowly. She punched me on the shoulder.

"You didn't write me for three years!!!!!" She yelled.

"Calm down! I was busy! Look I came to tell you I am alright and I see that Berk is riding dragons!" I replied grinning.

"The gang and I managed to convince him. We've been training them. So what have you been doing?" She asked me both of us sitting on the bed.

"I've been training." I murmured.

"With who?" She wondered.

"Family..." A tear dripped onto my knee.

"But...your father...he's here..." She said.

"He's not my father!" I snapped. "I had other family."

"Who?" She picked up my chin looking into my eyes.

"It's better that I show you. But you can't tell anybody!" I pushed her towards the stairs.

"I won't." She replied.

We got outside to the forest and I roared for Toothless who came quickly.

"Call your dragon!" I insisted climbing on Toothless.

She called her and mounted the sky blue Deadly Nadder. Toothless took off flying in the direction of our second home. A few hours later Toothless and the Nadder landed on the shore. I walked down the shore looking for anything. I found a pile of dragon bones, Night Fury bones. I picked up the skull shedding a few tears and handed it to Astrid.

"Night Fury bones..." She whispered. "Oh gods."

"I found this island after I left. It was crawling with Night Furies. The leader agreed to train me and help me on my quest to bring peace. One night Toothless and I went for a flight and when we came back the island was in flames. The leader told me to go right before..." I choked up. "Right before she was killed." I clenched my fists. "Killed by the Beserkers."

Astrid carefully set down the skull and squeezed me in a hug.

"I lost my family that night..."